Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Modding a 95 GT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Modding a 95 GT
lightning89mg
¯
Member # 2673

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for lightning89mg  Ford pictures for lightning89mg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 1995 Mustang GT 5.0 and I want to do more modding performance wise. Right now I have 17" cobra rims, cervinis stalker body kit w/ram air, 3:73 gears, shift kit and 3 chamber flowmasters. Also, its an automatic. The car has around 90k in miles so i dont want to do anything too major that would f-up my engine considering the mileage. So can anyone let me know what kind of mods performance wise are best. I am looking to spend around 500-1k. Let me know, thank you very much! [burnout]
rnowacki
¯
Member # 686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rnowacki  Ford pictures for rnowacki    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pullies ~150
Cobra Intake ~500
1.7 RR ~150
TB
Mass air.

Oh, and some FRPP Headers and an x pipe next but that is way over 1k. ;-)

Change your fuel injectors while you are in there if you haven't already.

Quick grand assuming you can do the labor yourself. Pretty easy to do.

You have to remember that everything works together so doing the first mods gets you more air in but you have to move it out. In the end your heads are your real bottle neck but you are in a different $ realm when you want to get to that point.

[ January 20, 2004, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: rnowacki ]

--------------------
AFR 165 heads, FRPP headers, MM Road & Track Suspension plus Torque-arm, 13" Baer's.

Posts: 52 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lightning89mg:
I have a 1995 Mustang GT 5.0 and I want to do more modding performance wise. Right now I have 17" cobra rims, cervinis stalker body kit w/ram air, 3:73 gears, shift kit and 3 chamber flowmasters. Also, its an automatic. The car has around 90k in miles so i dont want to do anything too major that would f-up my engine considering the mileage. So can anyone let me know what kind of mods performance wise are best. I am looking to spend around 500-1k. Let me know, thank you very much! [burnout]

I have a Cobra intake and BBK throttle body for sale off my 94 if you are interested.

Also have some under drive pulleys.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested in any of this stuff.

Drew

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what's up rick, it's ryan ward. Does your car have a shift kit yet???When I put that in my 95 with the 4.10's in the rear it ripped to a 13.8 with h-pipe, flows, pullies, and cold air intake. I know you have ram air so that is taken care of. I think next should be pullies and do the exhaust from the headers all the way out and that shift kit if you don't already have one. If that isn't enough power for you, you can always get heads, intake and a cam but why spend the money if your car is enough for you. Don't worry about mileage, for a 5.0 that is just getting broken in, these motors last a long time. The main moderator of this site(Sawson aka ST5150) still runs the shit out of his car everyday with well over 200k miles. The sky is the limit...how far are you willing to go [Confused] [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
lightning89mg
¯
Member # 2673

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightning89mg  Ford pictures for lightning89mg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to sacramento raceway saturday jan 31st with a few buddies, and I am going to see what I run and based off that, if I am not deep into the 13's, I will pick my mods. Hey ryan, I have a shift kit right now, but thanks for lookin out. Also, which mods make the most difference? Sorry for all the qeustions, but you know how it is, I dont want to throw my $ away! Also, what brands are the best for each part?
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rick its scott... What type of tires are you gonna run at the track? What size slicks did marc get? Without some decent tread you will be lucky to break off some high 13's, so be prepared... IMO an intake alone would not be worth it without going with the heads and cam as well, so like everyone else said just pullies, headers, x-pipe, and maybe a 65mm throttle body (might bring slight gains)... Brands? If you wanna stay cheap but reliable just go with some BBK Aluminum Pullies, BBK Shorty Headers, and a BBK O/R X pipe (if your not worried about smog). Have fun man cya on the 31st [patriot]
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1. ASP pulley's
2. off-road X/H pipe
3. 1.7 RR's with new HD valve springs (considereing your miles)
4. higher stall converter and big trans cooler...
5. lower control arms....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when my car had ust flows and a colod air it went 15.2 on street tires. The 4.10's, shift kit, off road H-pipe and pullies dropped me down to a 13.9 on street tires at only 10* of timing, so bump up your timing to like 14 and get some stick tires and you may see mid 13's rick, you;ll need a decent 60 ft, definately at least a 1.8. God luck man, I'd go run with you bu there is no sense going without a roll bar in the vert just to get kicked off the track, you know I couldn't race without opening up the bottle [Wink]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
lightning89mg
¯
Member # 2673

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightning89mg  Ford pictures for lightning89mg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, thanks for the quick responses. Scott, I am planning on using my regular street tires right now, since I dont go to the track often, I think it would be a waste to get slicks and never use them. And marc got M/T ET streets on 16 inch chrome rims. The tread is like 10.5 I think and he said it was like 26 or 28 inch height or something. But yeah, thats it for now, but I am pretty sure I am going to go with an X pipe w/hi flow cats, underdrive pulleys, maybe shorty headers and maybe an upper and lower intake. We will see, thanks for all the info!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com