Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 7,000rpms on a 01 gt mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 7,000rpms on a 01 gt mustang
RobertTS
¯
Member # 1022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RobertTS  Ford pictures for RobertTS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With a bulletproof bottom end 4.6 and stronger heads with better retainers and valves and valve springs, [dance] [dance] ,is it safe to put a rev limiter at 7000 with a good tune,,also have anyone seen the hp numbers with a stock intake and 6000+ rpms [Wink] ?
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im no expert but i did rev 302s to way over 7000rpm 20yrs ago and they lived and ran well. I dont see any reason why these modern engines wont do the same.
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i can tell u when i get my tune on dyno #'s with a built motor and a stock intake,maybe in a month or so.
and with reving the motor to 7000 its possible if u put good valvetrain in there.my engine builder said i can rev mine to 8000,but it wont have power way up there!

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
RobertTS
¯
Member # 1022

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for RobertTS  Ford pictures for RobertTS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Soon I´ll buy the new Reichards intake and put my rev limiter to 7000 and see the results,,with a good tune I hope I dont break anything,,
-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can rev that high but it doesnt mean you are gonna make that much power lol i have shm double valve springs going into my built motor and i have some crazy cams so i can rev high and make power till about 8,000 on my 4v motor
the shm valve springs are good to 10,000 but i will not make power that high i will have the limiter set for 7,800 to be safe
dave

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
R.M.I cylinder head fabrication
408 986 8626

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by -NORCALCOBRA-:
you can rev that high but it doesnt mean you are gonna make that much power lol i have shm double valve springs going into my built motor and i have some crazy cams so i can rev high and make power till about 8,000 on my 4v motor
the shm valve springs are good to 10,000 but i will not make power that high i will have the limiter set for 7,800 to be safe
dave

If you are making power at 8 why not shift it at 8 and set the rev limiter to like 8250 [Confused]

Reving the motor to 7000 can be fun but it's pointless unless you're making the power up there [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wont make peak power there but since i have a 5 speed it drops out of the powerband alot so if i make peak hp at 5800 in 3rd when i shift out of 2nd at 7800 it would drop right back into my beak power band at 5800

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
R.M.I cylinder head fabrication
408 986 8626

QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sometimes ring mine out to 6000. The 4V motor redlines at 6800. Is it really built any more solidly than a 2V?

According to dyno sheets I've seen from other cars, a stock 2V's (stock intake, heads & cams) power will peak at about 5000-5200. Unless you modify your car's induction there's not much point to revving up to 7000.

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

blackmagic02GT
¯
Member # 1786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmagic02GT  Ford pictures for blackmagic02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when you shift don't you want the rpms to drop down to a little below peak torque and then pull until your slightly past peak hp?

--------------------
2002 GT Stone stock 14.02 @ 99mph
steeda u/d pullies, k/n filter, 4.10's 13.70 @ 102mph
in garage: steeda t/a, NX wet kit and cobra R rims

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com