Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Headers and air intake?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Headers and air intake?
Black92GT
Member # 3958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black92GT  Ford pictures for Black92GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to know what is the best headers and air intake i can get for a 92 Mustang GT 5.0. I have enough money to get just about any of them out there but i want the best. so what do u suggest. Thanks
86GT5.0
¯
Member # 2136

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86GT5.0  Ford pictures for 86GT5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think the bast intake is the densechager kit. web page. as far as headers go, i use bbk but i think there better ones.

[ January 14, 2004, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: 86GT5.0 ]

--------------------
one stock and clean 86 gt, black
91 lx 5.0 ex-C.H.P,lots of mods, red
88 lx 5.0 vert daily driver

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, go densecharger if you dont care about looks... if you want something that just looks pretty nice, go with the bbk fenderwell chrome cold air intake..

As far as headers, do you want long tubes or shorties? BBK is always a trustworthy brand for either... Do you already have a cross pipe and mufflers?

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't get BBKs. They seal like crap.

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For headers, I recommend Ford Motorsport ceramic-coated shorties. They're stainless steel and have a lifetime warranty. They also have a flat flange (no "sealing ring" around the port), which allows the use of Bassani gaskets, which are stainless steel with graphite inserts--never had one blow out yet! Additionally, we sell our own header bolts with SurLok washers to prevent loosening or backing out.
[burnout]

[ January 15, 2004, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Bill/APEX Motorsports ]

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Nick:
Don't get BBKs. They seal like crap.

Not to argue, but, Mine sealed up fine... but it was a bit of trouble getting one of the exhaust ports' bolts lined up... (bought them used)

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mine seal fine at the heads. The problem is where it connects to the crossover pipe for me. I just think BBK products are generally cheaply made. Thats why they're so inexpensive compared to other brands.

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Home Depot for the air intake.Seriously,dont laugh,its the same stuff(PVC)as the densecharger and quite a bit cheaper.I know im gonna get a hard time for this,but trust me,it works. [Smile]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
Home Depot for the air intake.Seriously,dont laugh,its the same stuff(PVC)as the densecharger and quite a bit cheaper.I know im gonna get a hard time for this,but trust me,it works. [Smile]

I've heard of people plumbing there superchargers with this someone even went ahead and used it on a turbo. Haven't heard much after that about it.

I wouldn't use it on a turbo but maybe on a supercharger.

[ January 18, 2004, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you want shorty headers go with JBA ceramic coated. They will make the most power. For Long tubes I think Bassani is the best period. If you go with shorties also get a Bassani X pipe. As far as intakes go, the Anderson NA power pipe is most likely the best because it puts the Mass air meter into the fender. If you choose to go conventional the densecharger is a great way to go for the second most power, BBK is nice but I don't like their label all over the product, Mac's pipe is nice and clean with no brand names on it. Although if you don't go with the anderson pipe I think the best thing to do is to get the C&L truflo inlet pipe keep the stock air box, take out the air silencer and throw in a K&N.
I think this is about all the info you need [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com