Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 98 cobra s-trim suggestions?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 98 cobra s-trim suggestions?
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I currently own a Kenne Bell that I am about to install...but I'm extremely indecisive.... [Confused] ....and Am thinking about going the s trim route now.

At any rate.....I have a 98 cobra, bassani x pipe and cat back, c&l meter, k&n, 4.10's. Not much more than that. VERY basic.

I found a screaming deal on a couple of s trim kits (non aftercooled), and am considering them very seriously.

I would be purchasing a 255 High Pressure intank pump of course...and a t-rex.

I'll need to purchase an FMU for the kit though. Id like to run the stock 24#ers, and am not sure exactly what I'll need FMU wise. Help!

Also, what other parts would you reccomend? Fuel, spark, maf, etc.

After time, there will be a forged lower end of course...msd dis4...etc.....that's when I go a bit bigger on the set up though. Currently my car only has 30k on it, so I'll be fine for now.

I'll only be pushing about 9psi TOPS.....so as I said, I'm not looking to go TOO serious.

I'll be having the car tuned VERY shortly after the install as well, shoould I go this route.

PLEASE HELP WITH ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS ANY OF YOU MAY HAVE.

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BOTH! [Eek!]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only way i would go with the S-trim jack is if I could sell the Kenn bell for as much as you got it for. If not stick to what you have. I think you will be happy either way, but it is your car so do what you really want to.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say keep the KB and be diffrent.everybody and there mom has an S-trim.and also im not a fan of FMUs, id go bigger injectors.

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jack get ahold of Navid he has a new set up for his Cobra, H.C.I. told him to get 42 lb injectors for his car. about a month and 1/2 and it should be done. You may want to look into them for your engine work.
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i blew up my stock bottom end @ 16k miles...
they are DELICATE and expensive...
go with the dis-4 or other aftermarket ignition FIRST!
one trip to the rev-limiter under boost and you'll be shopping for a mechanic...
be safe!

I have an fmu from my old setup i'd let go for 35 bux with lines...

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks guys, I GREATLY appriciate the responses...at this point, it's just another idea in my hear that I'm considering.....so I really do appriciate your input.

Thanks!

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you got the kb, install it and have a fun street car to drive everyday. DONT go fmu....get 42's and a matching s/c maf. get a good tune and you'll be set. if you go vortech, paxton, etc, make sure you install an after/intercooler.
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think you should stick with the KB for now, if you don't like it go back to centrifugal. There is no way to not lose money on the deal if you sell the KB [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure why you keep buying so many go fast parts when you say that you never race on the street or at the track...
Anyways, you'd be real foolish to run 24#ers with a Vortech even at 9psi. Then again, if you're not racing you could get away with shifting before 3k [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com