Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » PMS v. Tweecer v. AEM

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: PMS v. Tweecer v. AEM
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm thinking of moving on from a tweecer to either the PMS or AEM system.

I will be using it on an A9L eec with a blown 347 87-93 system.

Does anyone know the pros and cons of these systems? Also are there any local tuners for any of these? Which one can I use a wide band with or can I use a wide band alone?

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the aem is way more advanced than either system
has more tuneability, more feature, easier to tune, but is more expensive, my favorite feature is wideband O2 control of the motor

only drawback i see is it cant support low impedance injectors without a driver (add on box)

if u already have a tweever no reason to go to a pms

either spend the money on an aem or just leave whatu have

MY SUGGESTION

either check out a FAST or ACCEL gen7 system, i think these are slightly better than the accel and seem to be a little easier to tune if using wideband, Calmap rocks, these two systems are almost identical in use, they both do a great job so its almost brand prefferance

AEM - FAST - ACEEL GEN7 are all leagues ahead of the tweecer and PMS

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would go Fast or gen7 , i believe www.turbomustangs.com is having a sale on the gen7.. check out the forums. like said above pms and tweecer cant support low imp. inj.'s and if you ever decide to go any more extreme you are going to have to upgrade anyways
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
relate topics from tubo mustangs tunning section

Accel gen 7 vs. FAST

AEM install and review

I personally was going to put a GEN 7 in my car with dual sync and wideband O2, this was all before I threw a carb on my motor because $3000 was too much for a complete system

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would NOT use the eec tuner or the tweecer that is from personal experance. I ended up using a ford EPEC very easy to use. [burnout]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I sold my tweecer today. Now it's time to decide what to upgrade to.

I have no plans right now to exceed 500 rwhp until I upgrade the block to an R or Dart.

I should be fine using high impedence 42 lb. injectors.

Well it comes down to how much am I going to spend on a system that monitors boost has wide band capability or will come with it and data log.

As long as it does this and I can drive around with my laptop to my side I'll be happy.

I do have someone offering me a PMS with intelACQ 2002 model for $800, but I would still need to buy the map for the boost and if I understand correctly only the new 2003 model will have a wideband feature.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
I would NOT use the eec tuner or the tweecer that is from personal experance. I ended up using a ford EPEC very easy to use. [burnout]

Im gonna have to agree with him.

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

jmcclesk-

Give me the low down on your epec what can it do and not do and have you recieved any offers on it?

More specifically can it do what I'm looking for it to do?

thanks,
Sal

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo302  Ford pictures for turbo302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would recomended the pms on my car I made 573rwhp 632ftlb of torque using it.The pms is more then capable of handling what you want to do with your
car.The learning curve is much eaiser then the Aem, fast, accel gen7.most of mustangs that run in NMRA renegade are running in the high 8's making almost 1000HP using the pms.I tuned my car very conservatively(stock block)I think you will be happy with the pms(I'am speaking from expirence)

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
Big Boy Racing Fabrication
www.bigboyracing.com

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo302:
I would recomended the pms on my car I made 573rwhp 632ftlb of torque using it.The pms is more then capable of handling what you want to do with your
car.The learning curve is much eaiser then the Aem, fast, accel gen7.most of mustangs that run in NMRA renegade are running in the high 8's making almost 1000HP using the pms.I tuned my car very conservatively(stock block)I think you will be happy with the pms(I'am speaking from expirence)

i just fired up my mustang with the PMS.... and have no clue what i am doing [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
call me if you like I will give you all the info I can 916-395-6747. I belive the epec i have is sold.

[ January 12, 2004, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

I would love to see one of these systems in action. Let me know if anyone would like to show me how it works.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

If you like i can get you a copy of the epec software that way you can play around with it to see how easy it is to use. From what i have seen the pms is a good unit also [burnout]

[ January 12, 2004, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Sure will email work or should I pick it up?

EFI_67_Mustang@hotmail.com

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

what kind of internet connection do you have

--------------------

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
EPEC [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

I don't know how to use it, but the one in my beast was put by Jim Larocca, which is known as the guru for that system.

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

[ January 13, 2004, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

dsl

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

I will see what i can do

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com