Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Brake Question for u guys???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Brake Question for u guys???
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach103  Ford pictures for Mach103    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought a 2003 mach 1 and i would like to change the rotors on the car to slotted rotors to give a nice look with the saleens on it. my question is that can i just buy rotors and it will be fine or do i have to buy calipers and all the other stuff!!!!!thanks.

--------------------
2007 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Mustang GT Sapphire Blue(SOLD)
2003 Mustang Mach 1 (SOLD)
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just the rotors will do if you only want looks.
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach103  Ford pictures for Mach103    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well in lot looking for a brake system or anything because the car stops great it already has 03 cobra brakes, if i put brembo (spelling) rotors will the car stop for shit or be the same or even better. cross drilled or slotted or both???? thanks guys.

--------------------
2007 Ford Mustang GT

THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get the cross/slotted one...they will really make u brake! [Wink]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brembo made the rotors that are on your car right now.

If you put slotted or cross drilled rotors on your car you will not notice any difference in your braking. They will simply be for looks. With stock pads and for the type of braking that you do on the street they will not change a thing. What they will do is cost more (and require more frequent replacement since you can't find anyone to turn them).

I'll be happy to trade you stright across your Brembo's for my slotter PowerSlot rotors. [Wink]

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for highofftiresmoke  Ford pictures for highofftiresmoke    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
slotted and cross drilled is good for looks and it also dispates the heat faster... so they cool off faster...

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold
90 red gt - in progess and then for sale ...

Posts: 482 | From: san jose,ca | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would be thrilled to have a factory mustang that had brakes like yours. I spent a few bucks to get my fox to have 85 or 90% the brakes you have. That said, if you just gotta have some pimpy ole rotors..consider those that baer sells with the aluminum hats that way youll get the benifet of weight reduction if nothing else.
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Slotted/Crossdrilled rotors on street cars are usually for looks only. They're intended for auto X'ing, to help dissapate heat faster. You might even notice a prolonged braking distance. A buddy of mine has some on his 01' GT and he wants to go back to stock until he can buy some Wilwood's.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
some baer erradaspeed(sp?) rotors should do what ya want.
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

well performance im not really looking into mostly for looks because of the rims i bout, i think it would look really nice with a real nice set of rotors, only thing i hope it doesnt hurt anything if i change the rotors i want the stoping to be the same or maybe even better. i found these rotors im looking into Rotors then also these rotors brembro. really im looking for something that looks great and still will stop my car!!!!

--------------------
2007 Ford Mustang GT

Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Also one more thing ill be bolting the rotors behind these rims saleen rims. i think they will look real nice because of how open the rim is. thanks guys.

--------------------
2007 Ford Mustang GT

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We just had this discussion last week. You can change the rotors only with no problems.

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=006425

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com