Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » smog question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: smog question
blue88lx
¯
Member # 2970

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for blue88lx  Ford pictures for blue88lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which is better the Stock or the C&L 73mm. I need to get a smog check and any help is appreciated!
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When it comes to the visual, stock is always better.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
three shops didn't want to test me cuz i had red msd wires [Roll Eyes] .

Said multiple spark ignitions systems mess with the timing [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87 Saleen:
three shops didn't want to test me cuz i had red msd wires [Roll Eyes] .

Said multiple spark ignitions systems mess with the timing [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Yeah really sucks how dumb allot of somg techs are. You should have said, "moron, then why does it have a CARB number?" At least he didnt send you to the referee(I've seen it happen).

As for mass air meters, to avoid problems like that, go back to the stock meter. Gives the lil pea brained tech less to think about. Then throw back on the C&L when you get home. Hope this helps! [Smile]

--------------------
1965 Mustang Coupe
EFI, 302ci, T-5, 3.70's.
Click for My Mustang Pics

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they are more scared than anything, if they inadvertantly pass a car that is grossly illegal they could be fined $10k or lose their license. Not worth it for a $29.95 smog wouldn't you agree?

not that I don't find the smog process incredibly annoying of course, but I understand why if they see one non-stock item under the hood that they will typically ask you to find another shop---- not worth the risk. [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

blue88lx
¯
Member # 2970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue88lx  Ford pictures for blue88lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the help guys!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com