Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » drag suspension questions...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: drag suspension questions...
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm very interested in doing a nice drag suspension set up on my cobra. Unfortunately I know there are consequenses. Like my ride hide will increase dramatically.

I've been looking into X2C's rear drag race coil over kit for my car....as it claims perfect pinion angle at most ride hiegths.

here's a link to more info on the X2C kit I was referring to

I'd like ot kepe the car lowered as it sits now, but am looking for some suggestions on this.

I'm thinking 90/10, 50/50, the rear coil over set up, and something for the front, which I have yet to figure out.

Any help would be appriciated....I just dont need the hobra looking like it's ready for the rubicon. [burnout]

[ December 29, 2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: the50ho ]

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
I'm very interested in doing a nice drag suspension set up on my cobra. Unfortunately I know there are consequenses. Like my ride hide will increase dramatically.

I've been looking into X2C's rear drag race coil over kit for my car....as it claims perfect pinion angle at most ride hiegths.

here's a link to more info on the X2C kit I was referring to

I'd like ot kepe the car lowered as it sits now, but am looking for some suggestions on this.

I'm thinking 90/10, 50/50, the rear coil over set up, and something for the front, which I have yet to figure out.

Any help would be appriciated....I just dont need the hobra looking like it's ready for the rubicon. [burnout]

If you actually met the guys from X2C, you would not buy from them. They are excellent salemen, I'll give them that, but thats all I'll give them.

Why do you want to do a drag setup? Last time you went down the track my car was running mid 14's! [Wink]

I'll talk to you on AIM about this later. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:

You mean pinon angle under acceleration? Because unless you have an anti-rollbar that angle changes dramatically under diff. conditions.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Rev Happy
¯
Member # 661

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rev Happy  Ford pictures for Rev Happy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"If you actually met the guys from X2C, you would not buy from them. They are excellent salemen, I'll give them that, but thats all I'll give them. " Yellow94GT

Care to elaborate...?

--------------------
96 Cobra

Posts: 182 | From: Southern California | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
90/10's and what not all asume that you have some slicks gripping the ground already. You stated in your blower post that you don't plan on racing it so I'm assuming that nitto's is as far you'll go tire wise... if that's the case, you'll never see your money's worth at the 60 ft mark.... and would have greatly sacraficed cornering with your full drag suspension setup.
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
90/10's and what not all asume that you have some slicks gripping the ground already. You stated in your blower post that you don't plan on racing it so I'm assuming that nitto's is as far you'll go tire wise... if that's the case, you'll never see your money's worth at the 60 ft mark.... and would have greatly sacraficed cornering with your full drag suspension setup.

You are corect....all of which are things I have seriously considered. I do wish to have my car still handle nicely...but I will lose most, if not all handling capability with such a set up.

I will not be using slicks, as realistically I will hardly ever racing. An occasional trip to the track once in a while for some fun, but nothing serious. Drag radials are going to be on the car soon, but I'm simply looking into some more options on a nice streetable set up, that will help me get some bite. [burnout]

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com