Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NX kit install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NX kit install
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hesitant on putting it on yet due to the suuden urge to use the 150 shot.

98 Cobra
What shot can I run safely on the stock fuel pump?(190lph?)
Do I NEED a timing adjuster?

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't run a 150 shot without a tune. I'm running a 75 shot right now with 10* timing and I think 38lbs of fuel pressure. I'm running a little rich on that, I'd say a 100 shot is the highest you'd want to go without a tune, and at that you better have a fuel pressure safety switch incase you go lean. My advice is to stick with the 75 shots until you get it flip chipped [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was told 100shot, no prob. 125-maybe
They say the fuel pump is a 190lph.
It will have the Fuel press saftey switch and the TPS switch and the RPM window sitch so the conditions will be optimal. A wet kit should have a little more leanency on what I can spray, right?

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say spray a 100 shot for now untill you can upgrade the pump and YES get a timing ajuster or a chip for N2O! [patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
I would say spray a 100 shot for now untill you can upgrade the pump and YES get a timing ajuster or a chip for N2O! [patriot]

this is one of our kits just so u know jeff, and i alsp said the 100 would be a max without some sort of timing retard

but t top said it best, shadetree style until it blows

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Looking to get a response from someone who has a 98 cobra who can tell me how their set-up is working. Hopefully someone with alot of experience with NX and dyno tuning the combo.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definately run a timing adjuster. 100 octane gas will be another alternative, but will get expensive fast.
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Timing adj. and 91 octane should be adequate for the 150? How much retard, 3-4 degrees?

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by T-TopTerror:
Timing adj. and 91 octane should be adequate for the 150? How much retard, 3-4 degrees?

Yes. I run 8 with a 125 shot. Youd can run more with a higher octane gas. I would recommened running 100 when squezzing.
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go 150, but add octane booster and retard timing
at least 3 degrees. that's what i ran and was ok.
they say a degree every 50 shot!

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JEO:

You are right, but they say off max tune. I could run 14degrees of timing and then retard 3 degrees, or I could leave my timing at 10, right?
I would like someone that is extremely knowledgable on this subject to help me. Everytime I ask a question, it seems as if I'm not getting case by case answers. Remem: I have a 98 cobra, hope your considering this why'll reply-ing

[ December 29, 2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: T-TopTerror ]

Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is an article on MM&FF,,its a recent edition that talks about NITROUS,,how to use it, and what not to do,,if I remember well,,its says to retard the timing 2 degrees every 50hp shot..and it tells you which range of heat of spark plugs are the best, and how to tell if your running lean of rich by looking at them..u should take a look at it,
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm running a 75 shot on 91 octane right now with the time at 10* and it still runs rich I think the fuel pressure is at about 38 lbs. I would never run a 150 shot with a tune though. I'd go 100 but 150 is asking for trouble [Frown]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

quote:
Originally posted by Hater:
There is an article on MM&FF,,its a recent edition that talks about NITROUS,,how to use it, and what not to do,,if I remember well,,its says to retard the timing 2 degrees every 50hp shot..and it tells you which range of heat of spark plugs are the best, and how to tell if your running lean of rich by looking at them..u should take a look at it,

Thanks, I'll look into this.

DropTop- If your running rich, you can advance the timing or add more NOS. Do ya see how this works? Both should add more power

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by T-TopTerror:
quote:
Originally posted by JEO:

You are right, but they say off max tune. I could run 14degrees of timing and then retard 3 degrees, or I could leave my timing at 10, right?
I would like someone that is extremely knowledgable on this subject to help me. Everytime I ask a question, it seems as if I'm not getting case by case answers. Remem: I have a 98 cobra, hope your considering this why'll reply-ing

yes, this is correct. In theory, you could run 10* and be fine....on max tune of course...you know the summers here..not the best idea...may want to drop that down a bit, but for now you will be alright. Keep in mind you have enough fuel pump to handle this as well. 2 step colder plugs, gapped appropriately, and you'llk be cool.

Truset me on this, I read on this for WEEKS before I slapped the silly juice on the hobra....three weeks later I was bored [Razz]

Best of luck! [patriot]

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Yeah except I would be bored of the 75 as well.
What do you think about this 91 octane gas? Any good? Should I buy the 100 octane for squeezing at the track while advancing the timing [Razz] ?

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i put the 100's in after that, that and a new bottle was all I needed, the bottle, or valve in the bottle I should say, was jacked up.....with the 100's in...it was NIGHT AND DAY difference.

The 91 octane is cool, again, this is assuming that it's not 110* outside. The timing would be alright with up to 125 shot for sure on 91 octane...but you may be pushing it on the 150's.

[ December 29, 2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: the50ho ]

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com