Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Accufab Plenum Vs. C&L Plenum

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Accufab Plenum Vs. C&L Plenum
SIKLEEN/GT
¯
Member # 2695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIKLEEN/GT  Ford pictures for SIKLEEN/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.mustangweekly.com/2003/October/Tech/accu-1.asp
http://www.cnlperformance.com/plenum.html

WHAT DO U GUYS THINK? DOES ANYBODY HERE HAVE EITHER OF THESE? ARE THEY WORTH THE MONEY? IS THERE A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO? ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER?

[ December 19, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: LeThAl StAnG GT ]

Posts: 299 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would go with the accufab one's...they were mentioned in the recent 5.0 magazine, i think they got a 8 RWHP gain on a semi-bolted-on 01 GT. And I think APEX is selling them cheap...check out the VENDOR SECTION.

good luck [patriot]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCAL281  Ford pictures for NORCAL281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got the c&l intake plenum on my stang and for the cost and install it was worth buying. i dont have dyno #'s but you can go on the website and check out some #'s they did on a few cars! i say you get the accufab one from APEX because the c&l intake is ugly looking, but its up to you. later...
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also got the C&L Plenum, along with the 75mm T.B. they recommend. Can't really compare it to the Acufab plenum, but I'm very satisfied with my C&L, BBK combo. No dyno numbers to post, but it definately gave me a good SOTP improvement, especially from 3000 rpm up.

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com