Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » e7 heads question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: e7 heads question
Norgs
¯
Member # 649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norgs  Ford pictures for Norgs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much of a power difference do ported e7s make? what are they similiar to?

--------------------
R.I.P. Miles 12/8/02
R.I.P. Mike 12-2-03 cant believe it. gonna miss u man!!

Posts: 1031 | From: Tempe...formally San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it really depends on how much they are ported ive seen 20hp gains with MILD porting.I have ported a set that flow as good as the GT 40-X heads, that was with extensive porting.

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For the money, you're better off finding some GT40P heads instead of having a shop port your stock heads.
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GT40 heads are around 400 or so. some cheaper, some more expensive. i would go that route [patriot]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do some research and home port those bitches! you should see 15rwhp with some modest exhaust porting and bowl work. more if you mill the heads and get a 3 angle. you'll need better valve springs with the e7's or gt40's, about 100 bucks from crane.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your wondering about the heads on the motor this the break down of what was done exactly and maybe people could come up with a guesstimate of how much hp it added.

Intake were all opened in a v shape to mate to felpro gaskets of course leaving in coarse to break apart the gasoline as it went in. The bowls were also blended and any real sharp edge I rounded it best I could.

Exhaust the bump was eliminated opened up to a set of 1 5/8 header tubes, with the bowls blended and edges again rounded off.

Took me quite sometime to do it. It's my 6th set of heads I've done and have only ruined 1 that I really went crazy on. If only the wall would have been a little ticker I was just about to stop I got it so nice and perfect I could fit 2 fingers no problem with nice round shape followed to the exit for the headers. Then bam I see a tiny hole.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com