Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » airbag light

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: airbag light
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was messing around and blew a fuse to my stereo, be ghetto fabolous I pulled another fuse from the panel (unitl I went to buy some more) and started my car up. well the air bag light is steadily blinking. I thouhgt maybe I pulled the fuse to the air bag so I replaced it back where it belonged. It's still blinking. any advice?
Norgs
¯
Member # 649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norgs  Ford pictures for Norgs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u did pull the fuse for the airbag, it sent a code to the ecu. u need to check for codes and erase it to get it to stop blinking

--------------------
R.I.P. Miles 12/8/02
R.I.P. Mike 12-2-03 cant believe it. gonna miss u man!!

Posts: 1031 | From: Tempe...formally San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will a cheap scanner from a parts store take care of that?
Norgs
¯
Member # 649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norgs  Ford pictures for Norgs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it might...im not 100% sure, ive always used the one from my work. u can always see what it can do and ask the parts guys if itl read for airbag codes

--------------------
R.I.P. Miles 12/8/02
R.I.P. Mike 12-2-03 cant believe it. gonna miss u man!!

Posts: 1031 | From: Tempe...formally San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
disconnect the battery for 15 minutes. That should reset the computer and its FREE. [burnout]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
steve
disconect the battery it will reset the computer now stop playing with the sorrry a$$ stereo and get the visors from purple notch

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:
steve
disconect the battery it will reset the computer now stop playing with the sorrry a$$ stereo and get the visors from purple notch

Joe- I am selling my old set-up to switch to the visors, although I think purple notch's are set up fox visors unless they fit??

and I disconnected the battery for about an hour and now its just a steady airbag light. Gonna disconnect once I get to work and let it sit all day.

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can NOT get rid of the AIR BAG light by disconnecting the battery....There is a cheap way to do it, but my dumbass forgot [Frown] ...The Air Bag is on a seperate system than your EEC...

From what I remember from my 94 when the light came on, there is a small plug harness behind the glove box under the dash....You have to jump two wires and then you hear a "chime" that you've never heard before...Its kinda like a "open door with the lights on" chime...When you hear the chime you have now reset the air bag computer....Anyway, if I remember which wires you jump, I'll let you know.. [Frown]

Ford dealers can do the air bag re-set but it costs a lot...The only way they told me they could do it is if they checked out the whole air bag system.... Which is good, but if you know why the light is on and you already fixed it, it kinda sucks...

Good luck [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
blackmagic02GT
¯
Member # 1786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmagic02GT  Ford pictures for blackmagic02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't play around with your airbag system. If you jump the wrong wires and pop the air bags you will be paying huge bucks to have it all replaced. take it to ford and have them reset the airbag system. It is a totally seperate module from the ecc. The reason they charge a few bucks for it is the special scan tool and cable to work on the airbag system is like $3000 for each new generation on airbags.

--------------------
2002 GT Stone stock 14.02 @ 99mph
steeda u/d pullies, k/n filter, 4.10's 13.70 @ 102mph
in garage: steeda t/a, NX wet kit and cobra R rims

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

ok so do we have some ford techs that could hook up a side job?
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out the TECHNICAL section of my website
PonyPerformance.com
It is VERY easy to reset the air bag warning light.
The 94/95's are notorious for setting off the light with low battery condition as well.

If you have any problems please feel free to contact me and I can walk you through it.

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Thanks for the link! could use some help on locating these wires under the glove box.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com