Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » oil breather caps???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: oil breather caps???
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what are your thoughts on these? would you or do you have one on your car? what exactly is this for? does it help relieve presure in the valve covers? will this pop right off while in boost?

thanx,
jose

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
Vortech SuperCharger w/ Aftercooler
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Posts: 99 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: May 2003  |  :
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought it was the old way of PCV, before we learned that the gases released were bad for the air

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're using a screw in breather it shouldnt pop out...

If you decide to use a valve cover breather use a breather in place of your PCV valve too...If you dont use one on the PCV valve it will let "un-metered" air in to your engine...Un-metered air is basically air that hasnt gone through the mass air sensor....The computer tune will be off or incorrect if it doesnt have the correct air flow reading...

If you dont have any major blow by, I'd stay with the stock/factory PCV system... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanx for the replys... the reason i ask is becuase i keep having oil leak problems from the passanger side valve cover, so i thought maybe this would help relieve some presure build up if thats whats causing it.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
Vortech SuperCharger w/ Aftercooler
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Posts: 99 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: May 2003  |  :
9lbpony
¯
Member # 3510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9lbpony  Ford pictures for 9lbpony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your passenger side VC doesn't have the tube coming from the filler neck to the air inlet tube? The natural vacuum of the engine should be plenty to keep pressure from building up. In fact, evacuating the crank case of pressure like this actually improves ring seal.

On my blown car I route this tube back to the inlet side of the blower (with a fuel filter inline to trap any oil that comes with it).

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com