Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » guess the RWHP&RWTQ

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: guess the RWHP&RWTQ
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 01 mustang gt, with vortch supercharger sq with aftercooler(with the stock 8lbs pulley), 42lbs injectors, 255 fuel pump,70 mm throttle body, 80mm pro-m, bassani o/r x-pipe, flowmasters with turndowns, 3.73's... with this i made 346rwhp&351rwtq...

i have an appointment at apex on the 13th for tunning....i've added the 3.33"pulley, jba shorty headers, 1/2in intake spacer, and 2.5 tail pipes....how much rwhp&rwtq should i be expecting.
thanks,
jose

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
Vortech SuperCharger w/ Aftercooler
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Posts: 99 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many lbs of boost are you seeing now?
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm seeing around 6-7lbs

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ouch, the aftercooler isn't doing much for you at those boost levels. You should pulley your blower so you see 10+ lbs of boost.
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A similar combo with 1 7/8 longtubes made close to 400 hp and 400 lb ft.

[ November 30, 2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: racercosmo ]

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

which pulley would you recomend? i'm putting the 3.33"(the the pulley that came with aftercooler). or would you recomend a smaller pulley. isnt the 3.33 pulley 10-11lbs of boost?

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Stimson
_
Member # 51

I'm not sure what diameter pulley is suppose to give what psi with your setup. If 3.33 is suppose to give 10-11 lbs of boost but you're only seeing 6-7 right now, it sounds like you have some serious belt slip going on.
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

byron said the reason why i'm only getting about7 psi is because when i got the aftercooler i didnt put the pulley that it came with (3.33)i left the stock one which is 6-8lbs, and because the aftercooler makes you loose like 1-2 psi thats why i'm seeing 6-7psi...so i put the 3.33 which is i think 10-11psi , then i should see 9-10psi because of the aftercooler, correct?

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to a 2.95 and make some real power. I know that pulley will get you like 14psi

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why not change the crank pully for a bigger one?? If he goes too small on the blower pulley he'll end up with more slippage.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by Strictly5.0MSR032:
byron said the reason why i'm only getting about7 psi is because when i got the aftercooler i didnt put the pulley that it came with (3.33)i left the stock one which is 6-8lbs, and because the aftercooler makes you loose like 1-2 psi thats why i'm seeing 6-7psi...so i put the 3.33 which is i think 10-11psi , then i should see 9-10psi because of the aftercooler, correct?

Sorry, I thought you had already installed the 3.33 pulley and were only seeing 6-7 psi with it. I agree with the above post... it should make about 400 rwhp given 10-11 lbs of aftercooled boost [patriot]
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

cool,thanks guys....i'm hopping for atleast 380rwhp, we'll see what happens on the 13th....as for putting 14psi, i rather build my bottom end first before i putting out that much boost.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com