Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » stereo help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: stereo help
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok I need help in finding an affordable rear subwoofer enclosure that some of you have installed or have listened into a hatch fox body that sounds good. I have got on crutchfield and found three 10" speaker box for 180.00
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-2AZIkTruczx/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=510&I=236T410X3A&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y
Is this a good deal or is there something better for around the same money? I want to stay away from custom stuff and or used items. Right now I have an Alpine CDA9805 head unit, Alpine 6x9's and Alpine 31/2's. I intend to buy an Alpine amp to match the sub woofer enclosure. This will be installed in my 86. Help. Thanks.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That box would sound good and is a good deal but from my stereo expierences with hactback cars they sound better when the subs are pointed directly up so the bass will bounce off the rear window.

[ November 29, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Gear Head ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

85GT
¯
Member # 1695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85GT  Ford pictures for 85GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i personally like a open, sealed box(non ported) facing the glass on the hatchback. it really projects the sound well. if you're even somewhat of a handyman you can build your own box to match your subs and it will sound killer. thats what we did for my friend's car and it sounds better than any storebought box because it actually has the exact amount of air space needed for his sub. otherwise i'd just go to best buy, crutchfield tends to be on the expensive side/. try www.millionbuy.com i know someone who ALWAYS buys stuff off there and says its great service and the cheapest around.
85GT
¯
Member # 1695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85GT  Ford pictures for 85GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.millionbuy.com/hbx10jl.html

triple 10" box for 70 bucks! what?! hehe.

GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
EBAY [patriot]
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whatever you do get a sealed box! It will give you the cleanest bass. Also try to stick with 2 or 4 subs unless u are running a mono amp then run three. If u just want cheap kool bass get some punch or kicker subs(boxes are cheap).
cgamino89
¯
Member # 2020

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cgamino89  Ford pictures for cgamino89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Many this is cesar if you want a good sounding box go with a 8 inch kicker solo baric in the kenwood box i have this speaker and it sound great and saves you alot of room i have one in my car and it sounds great let me know if you want to try it out in your car you will not be disapointed
Posts: 164 | From: redwood city | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com