Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Gauge install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Gauge install
yon4
¯
Member # 2470

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for yon4  Ford pictures for yon4  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello I just installed a reverse Gauge clustor. I tried my best to remember where all the needles where at. I even moved the needles for the speed and rpm and they seemed to come back at a rest on the stoppers. Well, when I took them off and put them back on they didn't want to stay rested on the stoppers. They are a few mini inches away from the stoppers just pointing at 10 mph and just under 5 rpm. The other reading I screwed up on too. Is there any way where you can re-set the postion of the needles???? Thanks. renshig@aol.com. Oh I have a 95 gt mustang. [Confused]
yon4
¯
Member # 2470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yon4  Ford pictures for yon4  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
??? Help?
85GT
¯
Member # 1695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85GT  Ford pictures for 85GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i did that on my BMW with the fuel gauge and it never worked the same. said i was full tank all the time.
yon4
¯
Member # 2470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yon4  Ford pictures for yon4  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Help!!!
yon4
¯
Member # 2470

?
5PT SLOW
¯
Member # 638

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5PT SLOW  Ford pictures for 5PT SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its kinda hard to say on here. might need to find someone to help you in person

i did that once installing new faces.

with the rpm i would just turn the key over and then install the needle at 0.

etc.. etc.. etcc. after a few trys switching stuff around i got it to work, play with it!

Posts: 553 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
yon4
¯
Member # 2470

Ok I will try my best to get it to work. I think the voltage reader for the battery will be the hardest along with the fuel guage readings. Wish there was some kind of code or button you press and it would just reset everything.
yon4
¯
Member # 2470

?
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cruise with a homie at 30mph and when he says ok and you traveling at a constant speed, stick that sucker on on the 30mph or whatever speed is clearly marked on yoru cluster. hopefully when u slow to a stop the needle will be fully resting on the stub. [patriot] Let me know if this worked

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com