Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » High Temp on hard acceleration

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: High Temp on hard acceleration
nos08
¯
Member # 2858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nos08  Ford pictures for nos08    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the car drives perfect but I notice when I do stomp on it all the way near redline, the temp gauge will raise instantly but not to the red area. Than when I come to a complete stop the car would stall but could start right up again. Not too big of a deal but just to see if its normal and if there is a cure...( its a 95' Cobra ...thanks
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What mods do you have done? Have you checked the basics like a functioning electric fan and a radiator that's full of water? Turning the A/C on forces the electric fan to turn on. Does the temp still rise with the A/C on?
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Detonation... I have a 95 cobra too, I had to back the timing off, you should change your fuel filter too, you might be running lean for some reason.

Edit: if its dying, sounds like you have a vacuum leak, which would make it run lean/hot.

[ November 22, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: 5LVENOM ]

nos08
¯
Member # 2858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nos08  Ford pictures for nos08    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the reply...I'll start looking into it.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A vacuum leak would actually cause a rich condition at part throttle since the regulator would put 40 psi of fuel through the injectors no matter what the manifold pressure is.

Detonation/pinging could definately be a cause--- a cause that would need to be addressed ASAP.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com