Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need Help on Tire Selection!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help on Tire Selection!!
Cobrar96
¯
Member # 3050

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobrar96  Ford pictures for Cobrar96  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Need to change out my stock BF's for some good tread. I m keeping same tire size 245's. Looking for good traction all around tire. Deciding between, Khumos, Yokohama AVSes100s, or Falkens.

--------------------
96 SVT DROP 70k
96 Yota 4x4 2.7

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobrar96:
Need to change out my stock BF's for some good tread. I m keeping same tire size 245's. Looking for good traction all around tire. Deciding between, Khumos, Yokohama AVSes100s, or Falkens.

What is the use of the vehicle (sunday driver, everday driver )
Is price more of an issue, or brand or wear?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldnt buy Kuhmo's they're kinda cheap...They will probably last longer than most tires cuase they run a harder compound, but wont give as much traction...My Kuhmo's chirp over all the paint lines on the streets too(I hate that)...

I suggest running BFG's again or Goodyear...Out of the choices you gave us then I would choose the Yoko's....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
May I suggest the Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions. The wickedest "street tire" you'll find. Awesome also in the rain. Wear is moderate but not horrible. Pretty good prices at tirerack.com or usually in stock locally at Sears Auto Center. They will price match tirerack.com or other local competitors. I'm not going just by what I read. I have driven on them and many other brands. [Smile]

--------------------
04 Cobra, K&N FIPK,

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to go with the Nitto 555 all around. 245's in the front and 285's in the rear.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Cobrar96
¯
Member # 3050

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobrar96  Ford pictures for Cobrar96  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My vehicle is daily driven, freeway and street, I drive pretty rough at times so i want some tires that will last.

--------------------
96 SVT DROP 70k
96 Yota 4x4 2.7

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nitto 555's and 555R in the back if you want some straight line bite [Big Grin]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
baymustang
¯
Member # 3246

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for baymustang  Ford pictures for baymustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get some nitto 555r's in the rear and some cheap kumho's on the front
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the new khumo mx tires grip pretty good and are cheap

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr5.0  Ford pictures for jr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the kumho mx are very nice but not avaiable in a lot of sizes. i had the kumho supra and they are ok for the price. i have the yoko aes100 and they are great they are the same price as the kumho supra but stickier then the kumho and almost the same trendwear ratings. i was happy with mine.
Cobrar96
¯
Member # 3050

I decided to go with the Yokohamas AVS es100s, only 114 a tire on tire rack, cheaper than all other quotes from Big O, Americas tires, and Wheel works. Thanks for all the input.
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I decided to go with the Yokohamas AVS es100s, only 114 a tire on tire rack, cheaper than all other quotes from Big O, Americas tires, and Wheel works. Thanks for all the input.

You have to remember to add tax in and the fact that you will have to pay for shipping and handling. Americas Tire Comp. and/or Big O will match their prices as well.

Just something to think about.

--------------------
Support our troops!

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Many shops now a days charge extra for other peoples tires. And if there is a warranty issue with the tire you have to pay to remove the tire, pay to send it back to tire rack and then pay again to have another tire sent. I would call around and see if any of the shops you listed can match or come close to the rack. Just my .02 cents.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Cobrar96
¯
Member # 3050

yeah i went to big O in newark and the manager there is gonna hook me up 600, for all tires mounted and balenced with warranty.

--------------------
96 SVT DROP 70k
96 Yota 4x4 2.7

mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mostang  Ford pictures for mostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had a set of 4 Hankook's 275/40 w/chrome valve stem put on for $508. AA and 340 treadwear.
Good looking tire.

--------------------
99 GT ragtop, Flows, True Flow drop in and 3.73's
1985 Caprice Classic Very Tired 305

Posts: 182 | From: Castro Valley, originally Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com