Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Are Victor JR's street friendly?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Are Victor JR's street friendly?
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would i run into any problems with running victor jr's as a daily driver? It wouldnt be more than 6 months.
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no problems here...i have them on my 95gt for a few years now and have been fine. What u mean by problems anyways
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dunno. I was thinking because they are a race head. Do you know where i can get the best price on them? What is your setup and which cam? I've been looking at some guys setup but he is running AFM N91 cam and from what i hear it has way to much duration for the street. What king of mileage are you getting?
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I will be running TEA stage 3 ported AFR 185's and a cam based on the N91 on the street for my 357 as soon as I get her running! [Eek!]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
Man I will be running TEA stage 3 ported AFR 185's and a cam based on the N91 on the street for my 357 as soon as I get her running! [Eek!]

key word-running [Razz]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
victor jr's are strret friendly
that cam is a little big though, and the victor 5.0 intake is also a little bif for the street

the victor jr.s, rpm2 intake, and a decnt size cam will make some good power and be streetable enough

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vic Jr's are fine on the street.

Be ready to notch your pistons if they are still stock though [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you know if the Victor Jrs have any provision to mount the smog tube that goes on the rear of the heads even if it is non functional?

--------------------
04 Cobra, K&N FIPK,

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am running Stage 2 Ported Victor Jr.'s with a solid roller (248/254 dur @.50, .614/.621 on a 110 LSA) in my street car.
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA of CA PERFORMANCE:
key word-running [Razz]

Let me borrow your intake and fuel rails, my car will be running sooner than yours [Razz]

I wouldnt worry about it, may be a little harder to drive but thats the sacrifice we make for more power [Big Grin]

[ November 10, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: mustanggt5091 ]

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by xchpstang:
Do you know if the Victor Jrs have any provision to mount the smog tube that goes on the rear of the heads even if it is non functional?

They do not have any smog provisions

--------------------
AED

Unregistered
¯
Member # 786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unregistered  Ford pictures for Unregistered    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

185's, pshhhh, be a real man and get some 205's [Razz]
Posts: 1785 | From: Livermore | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Unregistered
¯
Member # 786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unregistered  Ford pictures for Unregistered    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by xchpstang:

They do not have any smog provisions
I am sure you could make it work anyways.

--------------------
2001.5 Audi S4

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

quote:
Originally posted by 04ParksRider:
quote:

HMMMMMMMMM.......... No! My heads flow more than 205's and i got them at a fraction of the cost! [Razz]

--------------------

Unregistered
¯
Member # 786

quote:
quote:
quote:

HMMMMMMMMM.......... No! My heads flow more than 205's and i got them at a fraction of the cost! [Razz]
Well I guess someone will have to port his 205's or get some 225's to one up you [burnout]

--------------------
2001.5 Audi S4

93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Alot of people from corral.net say the heads are to big for the setup. I dont understand though, Dr dremel over there is running almost the same setup but carbed and he made 388RWHP. What do you guys think?
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

I ran my Vic Jr's with a horible suporting cast, (cobra intake, E CAM!, etc), and had great results. MPH went from 101 to and occasional 109 in the 1320 from the head swap.

Yeah, everyone told me they where to big and this and that, I got a screaming deal on them and figured what the hell. My setup worked fine for what it was if you ask me.

I say just got for it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dr Dremal makes peak HP at 6800 RPM. He makes the BIG power because he revs it up. He shifts at 7000-7200. The bigger the parts the more they will like higher RPM to take advantage of the piston speed up there. If you're wanting a lower RPM motor then you'd want to go with smaller parts.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

quote:
Well I guess someone will have to port his 205's or get some 225's to one up you [burnout]

If someone wants to be my guest, Im not trying to have the biggest and best flowing heads, remember my car will be a daily driver! [patriot]

[ November 13, 2003, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: mustanggt5091 ]

--------------------

cegan
¯
Member # 3185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cegan  Ford pictures for cegan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You need to read the recent artilces on cylender head performace Victor Jr's are not evan in the Top 5, dont waste your money, go with AFR, Brodix or Canfied these are much better heads, and with the cam you are running you will need plenty of airflow.
Posts: 70 | From: Santa Rosa, Union City | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com