Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I put my new mufflers on

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I put my new mufflers on
Toolman
¯
Member # 3280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toolman  Ford pictures for Toolman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok I made a bad mistake and put one chamber flowmasters with a BBK offroad xpipe.. it was too damn loud.. so yesterday I put on dynomax mufflers with the xpipe and oh my.. it is soooooo quiet almost sounds stock.. when I was driving home from the shop I was soooooo happy cuzz it was almost like stealph mode with the xpipe on there.. but im a little sad cuzz now my rumble is gone.. dynomax is a good muffler if you dont want to make noise.. [patriot] ..

[ November 04, 2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Tim Toole ]

--------------------
Stallions club member and street racer 02 Mustang GT..

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] Dynomax w/ BBK Off Road H
Toolman
¯
Member # 3280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toolman  Ford pictures for Toolman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you should hear it with the BBK offroad xpipe.. nice sound..

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Toole:
you should hear it with the BBK offroad xpipe.. nice sound..

I always wondered what the dynomax with x sounded like next to the dynomax with h. What kind of headers do you have?
Toolman
¯
Member # 3280

its stock.. its sounds almost stock with the mufflers on..

--------------------

Unregistered
¯
Member # 786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unregistered  Ford pictures for Unregistered    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an offroad x with dynomax mufflers and it sounds alright, but at a certain rpm range it gets raspy and I hate it, I am getting 2 chambers soon.

--------------------
2001.5 Audi S4

Posts: 1785 | From: Livermore | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by 04ParksRider:
I have an offroad x with dynomax mufflers and it sounds alright, but at a certain rpm range it gets raspy and I hate it, I am getting 2 chambers soon.

the raspy sound you get does it almost sound like an exhaust leak? I had that sound too,..I was missing a header bolt.
Toolman
¯
Member # 3280

my exhaust has no leaks and no raspy at all.. smooth nice sound..

--------------------

Unregistered
¯
Member # 786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unregistered  Ford pictures for Unregistered    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
Originally posted by 04ParksRider:

the raspy sound you get does it almost sound like an exhaust leak? I had that sound too,..I was missing a header bolt.
It isn't an exhaust leak [Frown]
Posts: 1785 | From: Livermore | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com