Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » making a computer "THINK" it has smog stuff???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: making a computer "THINK" it has smog stuff???
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do i remove ALL the smog sensors and everything and NOT have the check engine light on??

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

HDS
¯
Member # 2109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HDS  Ford pictures for HDS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cut the power to the light. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1995 GT Vert

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pull the bulb
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Custom chip or EEC Tuner/twEECer is the only way.
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am using a PMS and i need the computer to not be in open loop. how do i get it into closed loop then?

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think the only thing that makes a code is the egr. you can just leave the valve on the intake plugged in and block it or leave it plugged in and hide it somewhere.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
i think the only thing that makes a code is the egr. you can just leave the valve on the intake plugged in and block it or leave it plugged in and hide it somewhere.

he has a hogan sheetmeatl intake, running an egr valve is kinda an oxy moron

i remember a while back that u can get a certain ohm resistor and put it in line with the egr wires to the computer and it will fool it, kinda like MIL eliminator on a newer GT/COBRA
but i dont know the required ohm
if u wait till next summer i can tell u when i have to figure it out [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ON N2O:
i am using a PMS and i need the computer to not be in open loop. how do i get it into closed loop then?

What you said isn't too clear.

Open loop = EEC ignores the O2 sensors, and basicly runs the motor off the MAF, ACT, ETC and PIP. This is what happens when you floor the gas.

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude the PMS is cool but I think you need to get it chipped so it's tuned correctly [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
how do i remove ALL the smog sensors and everything and NOT have the check engine light on??

Have Byron make you a chip.He can bypass all the smog shit completely.......
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put a bracket on the EGR sensor,maybe zip tie it to something, and leave it plugged into the wiring harness, otherwise your check engine light will come on. Basically you leave the sensors plugged in and you should be good (including evap canister, IAC/IAT, etc. etc.)

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

quote:
Originally posted by shade-:
put a bracket on the EGR sensor,maybe zip tie it to something, and leave it plugged into the wiring harness, otherwise your check engine light will come on. Basically you leave the sensors plugged in and you should be good (including evap canister, IAC/IAT, etc. etc.)

i dont have any of the sensors [Mad]

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
score a junkyard EFI 5.0 wiring harness

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

quote:
Originally posted by shade-:
score a junkyard EFI 5.0 wiring harness

i have the harness.... [Roll Eyes]

no sensors... and i dont feel like having sensors hooked up and just laying there [Razz]

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck it rob sell it while you are ahead JK

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I hate it when my car PMS's! [Razz]

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like others said just find an EGR sensor and plug it in. You do not need it to be connected to the intake...extend the wires and hide it in the fender if you want. You do NOT need a chip, the PMS is fine.

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
DRIVINFST
¯
Member # 2430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRIVINFST  Ford pictures for DRIVINFST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you going to run a smog pump? If not the computer knows, and will throw a code just for that. All my other smog sensors are plugged in and I still have codes for no somg pump. That is why I have no bulb.
Posts: 555 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com