Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » automatic Coversion to a 5speed, HELP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: automatic Coversion to a 5speed, HELP
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it easy??what exactly do i need to make it work?eddie,

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
putting in the "new" pedal box is the hardest part, just takes time

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

86GT5.0
¯
Member # 2136

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86GT5.0  Ford pictures for 86GT5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just finnished mine. in my 1991. the hardest part was finding and installing the pedel cluster, and relocating the speedo cable. everything eles i got at serramonte ford in colma(i hope i spelled that right). when i get my car back from the muffler shop tomarrow i can scan the paper i used which gave me a list of parts to buy. unless someone gives you the link to the site, i think it was on stang.net but i'm not sure.

--------------------
one stock and clean 86 gt, black
91 lx 5.0 ex-C.H.P,lots of mods, red
88 lx 5.0 vert daily driver

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are interested I do the auto/stick conversions.I can do all the labor and have all the parts readily available.If you decide to do it yourself and need the parts lemme know I can get all the parts you will need.Give me a call at 408-420-3003 or pm me
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr5.0  Ford pictures for jr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey eddie,
i just finished my conversion about a month ago and most of it is straight forward the only pain in the ass is the pedals. just take your time with it. it will go in.

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah Eddie, I did my swap about a year ago. Everything was pretty straight forward except the pedals. Thats the hardest part. If you need any help, let me know. Im sure you have my number, if not, pm me. Late. [patriot]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
86GT5.0
¯
Member # 2136

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 86GT5.0  Ford pictures for 86GT5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i found the site. like everyone has said just take a couple of breathers when doing the pedels. and good luck! [patriot]
http://reality.exsgi.org/sawson/mycar/aod2t5/AODT5.html

Saint
¯
Member # 2746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saint  Ford pictures for Saint    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did mine too! umm if you do it yourself here is one tip for th pedals. take out the whole steering calum
jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr5.0  Ford pictures for jr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i second that. taking the steering col. out drop me a p.m if you need help.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com