Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » how do you loose 19hp &11tq???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how do you loose 19hp &11tq???
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
after getting my car tuned and making 346rwhp and 351rwtq, i added jba shorty headers,1/2 intake spacer, and got rid of the dumps and put the tailpipes back on, and got it dynoed at ATP in fremont to see how much i gained from the mods after the blower and tuning, i was expecting like a 15-20hp gain but instead it went the other way and got negative 20hp. and one point leaner. would putting these mods after getting it tuned make it go lean and loose hp & tq, you think theres something wrong or do i need to get it retuned again? [Mad]

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
Vortech SuperCharger w/ Aftercooler
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Posts: 99 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: May 2003  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
adding tailpipes could have killed a little. Did you go from stock headers to shorties?
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i went from stock headers to the jba titanium shorty headers.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was it on the same dyno? sometimes different dynos vary from one another.
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Putting shorty headers probably gained you nothing. If you were going to change headers you should have gone with long tubes and an off road shorty pipe. The pipes that you put on should have gave you some more torque and should have decreased your hp a bit. I would also think that the intake spacer would lose you hp and gain some torque as well.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Andy9093
¯
Member # 1959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy9093  Ford pictures for Andy9093    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What was the a/r at before and after the upgrades. Going 1 point leaner can cause around 8-12hp loss.
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
was it on the same dyno? sometimes different dynos vary from one another.

thats what someone was telling me. the first time when it was tuned was at apex, and this time it was at atp.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

quote:
Originally posted by Andy9093:
What was the a/r at before and after the upgrades. Going 1 point leaner can cause around 8-12hp loss.

it was at 12 and now its at 13.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
Putting shorty headers probably gained you nothing. If you were going to change headers you should have gone with long tubes and an off road shorty pipe. The pipes that you put on should have gave you some more torque and should have decreased your hp a bit. I would also think that the intake spacer would lose you hp and gain some torque as well.

i was thinking of putting long tubes but everyone was telling me not to, that it will have to take them off when changing the clutch, and smog, and that o2's take a long time to warm up and dont give accurate readings.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dynos do vary from one to the next, especially from brand to brand. Is ATP's dyno a Dynojet?

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Strictly5.0MSR032:
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:

i was thinking of putting long tubes but everyone was telling me not to, that it will have to take them off when changing the clutch, and smog, and that o2's take a long time to warm up and dont give accurate readings.
Your right you would have to remove one of them to change the clutch. To pass visual for smog you do have to remove them as well but there's always ways around that.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

so is this considered normal, for it to become out of tuned and go lean when adding headers, intake spacer, and tailpipes? or do you think that theres something wrong with my car? because i have an appointment on dec 13th at apex to get it tuned with the 3.33 pulley. should i just wait till then or try to figure out whats going on now? and if trying to figure out whats wrong whats somethings to look for.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

quote:
Originally posted by Bill/APEX Motorsports:
Dynos do vary from one to the next, especially from brand to brand. Is ATP's dyno a Dynojet?

from what i heard it is a dynojet. but its built in the ground and it has four wheels instead of two for all wheel drive cars. so you think its just their dyno? i'm just going to wait to see what happens on the 13th of dec, i regret going to atp now. [Mad]

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com