Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cams for a 2000 GT help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cams for a 2000 GT help
msj484
¯
Member # 1341

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for msj484  Ford pictures for msj484  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey all,

i just got my 4.10 gears, they are going in tomorrow. i have every single bolt on possible. i still want my power or i guess speed. i was wondering if i can put performance cams in a 2000 GT. i know not too much about cams, so i REALLY need ur help. ill let you know how i like the 4.10's thankx all. later

Posts: 270 | From: San Pablo, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go with the PI heads, bullet intake and a pair of cams from http://www.modmaxracing.com and you'll see some serious gains!

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Elapid:
go with the PI heads, bullet intake and a pair of cams from http://www.modmaxracing.com and you'll see some serious gains!

i believe the 2000 already has pi heads...and if you are thinking of cams...most everyone would probably agree that you might as well do p&p heads, cams, and springs together due to the complexety of installation....do it right the first time and save yourself some headaches!

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew WOT  Ford pictures for Andrew WOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PI or performance increased is acronym used for STOCK 99+ heads.
With aftermarket cams, I believe if you gonna get some it should be Comp Cams billets, you can kiss your emission goodbuy (that's for sure) and you are looking for 10-15 rwhp plus and 10-15 lb-fts minus on NA car. That's the fact that have been proven many times. And yes you will need aftermarket valve springs due to higher lift of new cams.

Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got the new 5.0 magazine and in an advertisement for 4.6 comp cams they gained 26 rwhp with their cams. I dont know if its worth the money though.. [Wink]
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by msj484:
hey all,

i just got my 4.10 gears, they are going in tomorrow. i have every single bolt on possible. i still want my power or i guess speed. i was wondering if i can put performance cams in a 2000 GT. i know not too much about cams, so i REALLY need ur help. ill let you know how i like the 4.10's thankx all. later

What mods do you have?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew WOT  Ford pictures for Andrew WOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=324947
Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
quote:
hey all,

What mods do you have?
And what time are you running?
msj484
¯
Member # 1341

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for msj484  Ford pictures for msj484  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thankx for your input everyone. well first of all the reason i say cams is because that is the only other mod that i can think of. i am trying to get everything under a charger, soo.. thats the oly other thing i dont have.

my car has:

3.5 exauct tips
catted vrs xpipe
mac cold air from fenderwall to TB
87mm c&l mass air
70mm bbk TB
flowmasters
some kind of hyperchip that i got when the car was stock, so im sure it needs to be reburnt.
as of tomorrow 4.10 gears.

i think that is it. people always tell me to get u/d pullies, but i have a 1000watt amp, a 15 inch sub, and all customer speakers in the car with a diffferent deck. and i do not wanna mess up my electricity. maybe cams is not the way to go, but i want more speed and power, but maybe not. hopefully the 4.10's will be enough. ive never taken my car to the track so i dont knwo my times. thankx all.

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
thankx for your input everyone. well first of all the reason i say cams is because that is the only other mod that i can think of. i am trying to get everything under a charger, soo.. thats the oly other thing i dont have.

my car has:

3.5 exauct tips
catted vrs xpipe
mac cold air from fenderwall to TB
87mm c&l mass air
70mm bbk TB
flowmasters
some kind of hyperchip that i got when the car was stock, so im sure it needs to be reburnt.
as of tomorrow 4.10 gears.

i think that is it. people always tell me to get u/d pullies, but i have a 1000watt amp, a 15 inch sub, and all customer speakers in the car with a diffferent deck. and i do not wanna mess up my electricity. maybe cams is not the way to go, but i want more speed and power, but maybe not. hopefully the 4.10's will be enough. ive never taken my car to the track so i dont knwo my times. thankx all.

The best bolt on mods you can get for our cars are Long Tube Headers and gears.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Unfortunatelly LT are smog illegal in CA, even if you keep all your cats it won't pass visual. [Frown]
msj484
¯
Member # 1341

that is exactly y i dont get lt's. do you think i should get u/d pullies? or will my 4.10s be enough. i am still also tryin to find somewhere to do my chip, cuz i know my mph will b off once i get my gears.
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000019

and there are probably people here to help you pass smog with LT's. That shouldnt be your worry.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone try the big boy racing cams yet? they sounded good

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Regrinds??? Too many problems with them afaik.
Big Boy??? Never heard of this brand.
100rwhp from ported heads and cams with emission friendly spec? Hmm, I have ported by Fox Lake PI heads, not even close to those numbers. [Confused]
Am I and the rest of the modular world missing something?

msj484
¯
Member # 1341

lol u guys r funny, but where can i get my ship burnt?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com