Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Compression for a blower!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Compression for a blower!
Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just ordered a new 4.6 bullet proof block from DSS racing,,I already have a saleen SC, and the EEC was tuned for the SC for a stock 4.6 block and compression, if the new block comes with a lower compression, do I have to reprogram the EEC for that compression,,I dont want to blow this engine,,I really dont understand much when it comes to compression, timing and tuning,,or how to change timing or compression.
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with a drop in compression should be ok since it will lower detonation, should it be retuned maybe, but lowering the compression is much better that raising it

when u think about is it really worth all the money u put into the motor, just have it retuned for what $200, thats cheap compared to another rebuild

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
retune

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The bad thing about that is that when Saleen reflashes your EEC, pretty much no other tuner can read on top of it or write it,,thats whats going to cause me trouble.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Simply get a stock EEC and have RaceSystems tuned it for you. You can probably sell your "Saleen EEC" online to offset the bulk of the cost.
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With lower compression you will be able to run more timing than with stock GT compression. Definately get stock CPU and a new tune. Do not have Saleen re-flash for you as it will not be a good match for your car. When you get it tuned, run the same gas you are going to use everyday so that the tune reflects what you will actually be running.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok,,If I get a new bone stock EEC, I have to drive like 100 miles to the nearest tune shop, can I drive my car with a SC and no tune like this?
Also I already bought a new EEC on ebay, but I think I need to remove the PATS to be able to use it in my car,,can a Ford Dealership do this?

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hater:
Ok,,If I get a new bone stock EEC, I have to drive like 100 miles to the nearest tune shop, can I drive my car with a SC and no tune like this?
Also I already bought a new EEC on ebay, but I think I need to remove the PATS to be able to use it in my car,,can a Ford Dealership do this?

you can drive it very carefully and DO NOT GET INTO BOOST!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com