Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Replacing lower control arms?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Replacing lower control arms?
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pretty easy right? any advice will be helpful

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, its pretty straight foward....

My only advise is to weld the torque boxes around the lower control arm....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
easy should take less than a hr

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When you get aftermarket lower control arms is it true that you can remove the quad shocks?

--------------------
Support our troops!

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
When you get aftermarket lower control arms is it true that you can remove the quad shocks?

You can remove quad shocks regardless if you have them remove them

--------------------

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BOUNTY HUNTER VERT:
quote:

I heard that the quad shocks prevent wheel hop. I am getting 275/40/17 soon in the rear and was going to flip the quad shock. Should I just remove it entirely?

I also have my fender lips rolled, do you think I can fit anything wider than a 275 in the back? I am looking at the Nitto 555's all around.

--------------------
Support our troops!

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

quote:
quote:
quote:

I heard that the quad shocks prevent wheel hop. I am getting 275/40/17 soon in the rear and was going to flip the quad shock. Should I just remove it entirely?

I also have my fender lips rolled, do you think I can fit anything wider than a 275 in the back? I am looking at the Nitto 555's all around.

Whoever told you that is a moron they actually cause wheelhop remove them and you will never be happier. Widest ive fit on the rear cleanly is a 295 50 15

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was actually more than just one person, it was a few members over at stangnet.

So I am defnatley going to go with 285's for sure in the back and 245's in the front.

--------------------
Support our troops!

white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i took off mine and it hops like hell. i think it might be because its a drop though. also i have 315's in the back of my car on 17's. no quad shocks though.

--------------------

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of LCA's did you get?

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

bbk's

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pretty straightforward, you'll need to unbolt the catback and the swaybar mounts differently

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Whoever told you that is a moron they actually cause wheelhop remove them and you will never be happier. Widest ive fit on the rear cleanly is a 295 50 15
[Roll Eyes] Have you ever tried doing a "brake stand" before and after a quad shock removal?....I have and with the stock control arms in place the wheel hop is preety damn violent and obviously there...My friends '82 GT never came with quad shocks and he has massive wheel hop....

I'm sure that with any after market control arms the axle will not want to twist as much and not be as prone to wheel hop with out the quad shocks... [patriot]

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes] Have you ever tried doing a "brake stand" before and after a quad shock removal?....I have and with the stock control arms in place the wheel hop is preety damn violent and obviously there...My friends '82 GT never came with quad shocks and he has massive wheel hop....

I'm sure that with any after market control arms the axle will not want to twist as much and not be as prone to wheel hop with out the quad shocks... [patriot]

You must have some fucked up bushings lol [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What the hell are you talking about? [Roll Eyes]
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

quote:
[QUOTE

You must have some fucked up bushings lol [Roll Eyes] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're called the STOCK Ford rubber bushings [Razz] ...They are what made the aftermarket control arms so popular... [Wink] .

--------------------

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yipnip5.0:
quote:

What the hell are you talking about? [Roll Eyes]
are you questioning the tire or the wheel hop?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by white1990stang:
i took off mine and it hops like hell. i think it might be because its a drop though. also i have 315's in the back of my car on 17's. no quad shocks though.

You fot 315's on the back!? What size rims and modifications did you have to do to make that work?

--------------------
Support our troops!

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by white1990stang:

You fot 315's on the back!? What size rims and modifications did you have to do to make that work?
a sledge hammer for the inside well and roll the fenders. The right wheel helps too.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

a little bit of the sledge hammer but no fender rolling. i have 17 X 9 rims

--------------------

Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would sugget puting a good set of aluminum bushings with the Uper control arms,,the stock bushing even in aftermarket arms arent going to last long. [Roll Eyes]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com