Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Borla or Flowmaster

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Borla or Flowmaster
1CLeeN5.0
¯
Member # 2124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1CLeeN5.0  Ford pictures for 1CLeeN5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have equal lenth headers and a stock h-pipe still but i was wondering which would be better to run with an off-road x- pipe.... Borla or Flowmaster. From what i hear borla is quiet until you get on it and flowmaster is always loud. Trying to do the illegal exhaust but not hella noticable when a cop is next to me. So any help will be appreciated. thanks
Posts: 67 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Flowmaster is better in terms of price and they both have great quality. BTW, Flowmasters get louder and louder the more you drive.

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People always say run a straight through muffler with an X-Pipe (magnaflow, bassani, borla) and a chambered muffler with an H-Pipe. I have unequal length headers, bassani catted X, and a borla cat-back and love it to death. I had 2 chambers on for days, but they're played in my opinion. If you have the money go with the borla. My friend is actually selling some in the Ford Sale section. Kevs01GT. Good luck [patriot]

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT (Faleen Speedster)

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with Flows [patriot]

If you are worried about being different, get ONE chambers! They sound GREAT!!!!! I had them on my 87 Saleen with FULL 3" exhaust. It wasn't bad at idle, but when you got on it [burnout]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Flowmasters sound great and give great performance...I had Borla on my first Mustang and loved them and if I were to do it again I would choose Borla...

If you want to compare them head to head the Borla wins in my opinion....The Borla is HALF the weight of the Flowmaster and it will not rust like the Flowmaster...Saleen have XR1 Borla's Stock, so that says something...The only draw back about the Borla's is the $price$...

Both mufflers offer really close hp increases and you should really base your buy on how you want your car to sound... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Flowmaster force 2 catback [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Borla if you have the $$$ Flows if you don't
kennym01
¯
Member # 3355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym01  Ford pictures for kennym01        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
40 series flows sound great with h-pipe set up...
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
full bassani [Big Grin]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com