Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Can anyone shed some light?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Can anyone shed some light?
Robert
¯
Member # 250

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Robert  Ford pictures for Robert  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just installed at set of smoked lens from www.ageclassic.com. on my ’97 GT. The look is OK, but not as dark as the covers from GTS. On the flip side, I now don’t have take off the covers at night. The problem is the light at night isn’t as bright as it was with the original lights without covers. I’m slightly on the old side, and need as much light as I can get at night, so is there a bulb out there that is street legal, yet brighter than stock? I checked with my local Napa parts store, and they say I can get “off road” bulbs, but they might melt the plastic in my new setup. Anyone out there tried the “off road” bulbs? Will they melt my new setup?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Robert

--------------------
'97 Mustang GT vert,

Posts: 54 | From: One gallon East of San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sup man

most of the GOOD off road lights have a tint to them that vary the color of light output. at the same time they also use a differt wiring in the filament so create a brighter light that produces more visible light but draw the same amount of power. i have always had off road lights in everything .... my mustang my camaro my motorcycle.. never had anything melt. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you could always get an ex c.h.p. stang put your headlight covers on and wire back in the spot lights they used on each pillar that would light up the block [Big Grin]
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
you could always get an ex c.h.p. stang put your headlight covers on and wire back in the spot lights they used on each pillar that would light up the block [Big Grin]

Then get cited for impersonation of a police officer. [Razz]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com