Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » alt. pulley

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: alt. pulley
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK underdrive pulleys for my 94, can I take off the bbk pulley on my alternator and replace it with the stock one? Will my current belt work and have enough tension?
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
impact it off and impact it on... old belt will work perfetly with correct tension. [patriot]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would you put the stock one back on??????

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0:
Why would you put the stock one back on??????

Driving with my a/c on or stereo turned up it drops very low on my alt. gauge. My lights dim very very low at night, and I am running alot of electrical accesories. I replaced both my altenator and battery about 2 months ago as they both were bad.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, just toss your stock pulley on and enjoy the extra amps.
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats weird, I never had any charging problems with my pulleys.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
While cruising, your alt should be putting out max amps regardless of the pullies unless they are very big.

I would say it is something else or your just pushing the max on the alt. A/C takes alot of amps to run.

Run the car at 2500 rpm with all your stuff on and check the current coming out of the alt. Not sure what they're rated at.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

at 2500 rpm it is generally fine, just at idle it drops xtremely low. I am running the stock mach 460 amps in addition to two other amps, a t.v., ps2 and power inverter, and a few other gauges, lights etc. but at idle with most of that stuff on it drops extremely low especially in stop and go traffic I find my self reving my car up to maintain volts.
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok then. Yeah a smaller pullie will "help".

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
I find my self reving my car up to maintain volts.

Haha that's funny I do the same thing. I just need to do the 3g upgrade in my fox and it will take care of the problem for me.

--------------------
Support our troops!

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
I find my self reving my car up to maintain volts.

Haha that's funny I do the same thing. I just need to do the 3g upgrade in my fox and it will take care of the problem for me.
don't you notice people looking at your car more sitting at idle I mean most of our cars are loud enough let alone idleing at 3g's

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com