Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Got $1500 cash, what next

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Got $1500 cash, what next
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i have like 1500-1800 dollars cash and im looking for my next mod....
what should i get that will give me the most horsepower besides nitrous??

supercharger, heads, cam .... what?

im looking for a supercharger
thanks

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was looking into this myself, sounds pretty good.... Big Boy Racing heads and cam
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I talked to Sheldon today and because i dont have the P.I. heads instead of being like 1800 for heads and cam it would be like 2600 so i dont know, 100 horses sounds great though

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say keep the Rims white first of all. They are very original, too many people have chrome rims just IMO.

Then you'll have more money towards a blower set up. I say forget about the chrome rims a think about more Ponies under the hood! [patriot]

What ever you decide on good luck!

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

yeah i think im going to keep them white but get them redone for like 200-300 and that means i'll have like 2000 for my blower, keep on the lookout

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If its a street car i would say N2O and a trip to the dyno for some tuning, otherwise fuel/air upgrades!

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
99+ PI heads and cams....If you cant buy them new, get some low milege used ones....

Superchargers are more than $1800 easy. [Frown] ....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
99+ PI heads and cams....If you cant buy them new, get some low milege used ones....

Superchargers are more than $1800 easy. [Frown] ....

I agree!!!! Make sure you have the normal bolt-ons as well. Save up again and then get the blower later.
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
QwikStang
¯
Member # 2933

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QwikStang  Ford pictures for QwikStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another vote for heads!!!!

--------------------
95 GT Vert
1 of 2,584

Where there is no patrol car, there is no speed limit.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/qwikstang

Posts: 573 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would go for the PI heads, and N20 instead of blower.. [dance]
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

I would agree with some heads, where can i get a pair of used P.I. heads? I considered squeezing but i talked to a lot of performance shops and they told me to be safe to run like a 50 shot, but i really want to buy a used blower for my set up.... let me know thanks

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
50 shot is for imports....i'm sure you could safely run 100 shot as long as everything is installed correctly and you have the safety devices to go along with the set-up.....i used to have a 1.6L corolla gts and ran an 80 shot direct port for more than 2 years and no probs at all on a stock motor with 116K on it...just my opinion though [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

KillerKar
Member # 3312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KillerKar  Ford pictures for KillerKar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would go for the HEADS and CAM...save up a little bit more and get some true MUSTANG power..easily over 70+HP

--------------------
Pony Power rules!

Posts: 8 | From: CA, Sac-town | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a FRPP or Bullit intake. You can install it yourself. Then heads/cams later. The stock intake will limit the power you make with the head/cam combo.

Besides, I dunno hom many miles you have on the motor but if your going with boost, you may want to get the short block done (forged rods/pistons). Since it is a pain to do the heads in the car, get it all done at once and save labor money. Then add the blower...

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

I just rolld to 50,000 miles the other day it was a heartbreak, but i bought it with 37,000, and i dont drive it too bad. But how much can you pick up a bullitt intank for? I just kinda wanted to pick up a used supercharger one for like 1500-2000 because its a saleen and i love the whine of them.... i got 2000 bucks so i dont know what im going to do, thanks, I talked to sheldon at big boy fabrication and for 1500 i can get the 2001, cam, heads, and intank which he said is good for 65-70 to the wheels

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just a thought but that 1500-2000 probably won't go as far as you would like as far as buying a used charger. What about little things like a fuel pump, maf, tune, etc. If I were you I would definitely go with the PI heads!!! Gotta get that motor breathing well...

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com