Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » equal length headers?!?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: equal length headers?!?
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was going through the brothers performance catalog and was lookimg at the headers for my stang (2002 GT) and was planning on just getting the jba or frpp short tubes, but just found out that bbk makes equal length short tubes!

anyways whats the difference from short tubes to equal length short tubes (performance)?!? also are the installs the same? thanks jon

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Equal lenght are a little better, but I wouldn't even bother with shorties.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeh everyone says that with the 4.6's. i was also thinkin about getting the mid-length headers from bassani but not sure if it will be a direct fit with my x-pipes. thanks for the info though! jon
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by chronicsmokin281:
yeh everyone says that with the 4.6's. i was also thinkin about getting the mid-length headers from bassani but not sure if it will be a direct fit with my x-pipes. thanks for the info though! jon

I have heard good things about those. You can make your x pipe work.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldnt waste my time with any BBK products...FRPP and Bassani make good products, if you're going to change your headers stick with those brands...Just my .02

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just called up bassani and they said the mid-length headers will work with the x-pipes! i just need to cut the pipes a little shorter.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't waste time with equal length shorties. Either install shorties or long tubes.
Equal length shorties give you the worste of both worlds. You don't get the broad HP increase of long tubes, but you do get nearly all the hassle of the install [Frown]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com