Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need help from the big boys!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help from the big boys!!
Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, this is a good project I have in mind,,,I have in my hands right now a 98 complete Cobra Engine with a bad piston,,I'm going to buy a kit from the guys at "Need4Speed" to rebuild the bottom end and make it bullet proof..
ModMax Forged Pistons & Pins
Moly File Fit Rings
Manley Forged H-Beam Rods
Federal Mogul Race Main Bearings
Federal Mogul Race Rod Bearings

I want to buy a 94 model mustang to put this engine into it..my concern is what parts will I need to complete my project?,,,once is done and tested I will port the heads, intake and include good sets of cams [Big Grin] ..

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.modfox.com

my advice is get as much wiring and electrical componrnts off a 96-98 cobra as possible. your also going to need to get another k member among many other things [Big Grin]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not put it in a '96 V6? cheapest, easiest... no k-member stuff or any fabrication required, plus it's OBD-II alreeady...

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
94 and 95 V6s were OBD-II as well
Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually that is my plan,,put it on a v6,, my concern is if I need to put a cobra cluster on it,,that would be the most expensive part I belive,,I have the engine harness, and ECU.
badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why get the cobra cluster when ya can get the florida 5.0 cluster with autometer guages
Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much for that cluster and where can I get it.. [dance]
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Screw the cams, you can buy a used blower(s trim) for near the price of cams.

Side note, that motor with the ported heads STOCK cams and a T trim makes aroun 630rwhp.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And I have a 4.6 K member and A arms if u need.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really nice,,what confuses my here is the electrical part,,I have the harness that goes in the engine,,which other harness do I need> [Wink]
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just some thoughts or your conversion.

If your car starts but dies after the conversion, it is probably the PATS system. I dunno how to fix it, but I have known a couple of people that experianced this.

If you are looking at getting an aftermarket intake, think about which heads you want. The FR500 will only work on a 99+. HCI has an intake for 96-98 or you can get a modded intake for the 96-98. There are several threads on which heads are best on some of the other sites. It all comes down to the combination.

Apex would be a good source for K members and stuff. They remove alot of them to install Griggs pieces. They also swaped a 4V in to a GT a while back so may be able to assist.

Good luck!

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com