Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » x-pipes on a 2002 GT?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: x-pipes on a 2002 GT?
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well right now i have catted x-pipes and just wondering if i switch to off-roads will i notice a difference in performance? also what will i need to install the x-pipes? thanks... jon
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sure. It will also be louder, stink and noticably illegal.

All you would need is a ratchet and an endwrench.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll notice the difference. It will be a lot louder which most people like and will definately open up a little more power for you. Most shops shy away from the install however if you pay them cash and they don't give a receipt some will do it. I know of one if you want pm me [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Norgs
¯
Member # 649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norgs  Ford pictures for Norgs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ull notice a difference..but itl sound horrible

--------------------
R.I.P. Miles 12/8/02
R.I.P. Mike 12-2-03 cant believe it. gonna miss u man!!

Posts: 1031 | From: Tempe...formally San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
More HP=More noise...good bolt-on...dont forget to get MIL Eliminators for you off-road application.

[patriot]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good lookin out! so some mil eliminators and im good huh. then my ride will be louder, ILLEGAL, stanky, faster and shops pussy out too (lucky my boy is my mechanic)!!! anyways i always wanted to see how my ride will sound like with off-road X's, some spintech mufflers and hopefully some headers! thanks... jon
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell ya what i got a prochamber and 2 chamber flows...and it sound really good and deep but it definitely does stink up the interior but the sound and power is all worth it...i might have it for sale(prochamber & mils) soon let me know...
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i already have 2 sets of x-pipes and mufflers but thanks anywayz. how BAD is that smell?!? dont want the road trips reekin like shit yuh know!
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by chronicsmokin281:
i already have 2 sets of x-pipes and mufflers but thanks anywayz. how BAD is that smell?!? dont want the road trips reekin like shit yuh know!

I have an off road pipe on my Stang and I dont ever get a smell in the interior....Maybe these guys are talkin because they have turn downs?...I have the full 2.5" Flowmaster cat back, and have no problems with smell....Its only when you're outside behind the car you can smell it being a little "rich"...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The smell isn't tooo bad but i like to drive w/ the windows down so your clothes will have the exhaust scent...smells like an old school muscle car but not too bad....oh yeah depending on the mufflers the prochamber and 2 chamber flows sound better than x-pipes...but that's just my opinion
badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if yer looking for loudness go with the x pipe, but if yer looking for power...here is the lowdown...seen it on the dyno same motor..
if yer going with cats- h pipe better hp and TQ, if yer going off road then x pipe better power but up higher RPMs

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What other mods do you have?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

i have steeda pulleys and timing ajuster, C&l 85mm mass air, 70mm throttle body, catted x-pipes, 2 chamber flows, 3.73 gears, intake spacer and some suspension upgrades.

also just got the off-road x-pipes early today so now just waiting to buy some shorty headers, and gonna install the pipes and spintech mufflers then! jon

Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had it like this,,,first I installed and off road x pipe,,,good power, sounded a little good but lots of noise inside of the car, I got tired of it, I just installed a pair of HIGH FLOW CATS and power seem very good, noise inside the car got away, very happy with the sound overall..01Gt
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by chronicsmokin281:
i have steeda pulleys and timing ajuster, C&l 85mm mass air, 70mm throttle body, catted x-pipes, 2 chamber flows, 3.73 gears, intake spacer and some suspension upgrades.

also just got the off-road x-pipes early today so now just waiting to buy some shorty headers, and gonna install the pipes and spintech mufflers then! jon

What x-pipe did u get and what shorties are you getting?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had it like this,,,first I installed and off road x pipe,,,good power, sounded a little good but lots of noise inside of the car, I got tired of it, I just installed a pair of HIGH FLOW CATS and power seem very good, noise inside the car got away, very happy with the sound overall..01Gt [patriot]
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

bassani off-road x and either the jba or frpp short tube!
7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
His car smokes chronic so it should have a sweet, pungent odor.

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com