Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fordchip Tuning in Cali - READ!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fordchip Tuning in Cali - READ!
Autobadges Guy
¯
Member # 1657

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for Autobadges Guy  Ford pictures for Autobadges Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am trying to get pete to come on over to cali and tune the hell out of us cali stangers! me and Justin are FOR SURE ready to go now...so is a1yola i think? (v6 stangs)

Please reply if you would be interested, as the more intersted the better chances of them coming over to us for a tune session....v6...v8 doesn't matter!!

THANKS!!

--------------------
CUSTOM AUTO badges
www.autobadges.com
sales@autobadges.com

www.SHOWSTANG.com

Posts: 143 | From: los angeles | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont understand why so many guys are pleased with FORDCHIP job,,,the first time I sent my EEC to be reprogramed they returned it to me as it was, I almost blew a head because of it,,,then I sent money for a chip, so I didnt have to take my EEC and not be able to drive my car for another 3 months,,,and after 3 months of sending and receiving emails they say they sent it, now it is lost or whatever and I did not get my chip,,I have not had a good experience with them so far,,,EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE.. [Frown]
Norcal95050
¯
Member # 2941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcal95050  Ford pictures for Norcal95050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hater:
I dont understand why so many guys are pleased with FORDCHIP job,,,the first time I sent my EEC to be reprogramed they returned it to me as it was, I almost blew a head because of it,,,then I sent money for a chip, so I didnt have to take my EEC and not be able to drive my car for another 3 months,,,and after 3 months of sending and receiving emails they say they sent it, now it is lost or whatever and I did not get my chip,,I have not had a good experience with them so far,,,EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE.. [Frown]

Hey why you hateing hater...
Besides I think when the tune it you dont have to send anything in the do it there while your stang is on the Dyno. Hey wonder if I can get my festiva custom chipped [Confused]

--------------------
2000 gt - built block, kenne bell sc, t56, full Maximum Motorsport suspension.

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whatever happened to them when they were supposed to come out here like a year ago? I prepaid for that shit and never got my dynotune.

[BS flag]

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

Norcal95050
¯
Member # 2941

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Norcal95050  Ford pictures for Norcal95050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey cheap I heard good things about Byron @apex/mustang ranch, I heard he tunes the mustang like a wiz-ard. [Razz] off the subject I think you and Mustytang soo make a boo-hoo Teddy bear for these Ford chip people and send it to them.
[Roll Eyes] Im sorry I had to get that one out of my system .

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fordchip were supposed to come to CA multiple times and have cancelled, find someone else to do it

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A personal thing, I'll NEVER take my car to Apex. From back when I was big into V6 power. As far as Im concerned (and I know most ppl on on the site don't share my thoughts here but this I don't care about) Apex can suck a nut.

[patriot]

Of course, Im not real happy with Fordchip either but I havent really been super concerned with it, since my V6 engine was fvcked and I haven't needed a tune since. Im sure if I contacted them about my $$ they'd refund the dynotune that never happened.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I won't let anyone tune my car but byron [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I won't let anyone tune my car but byron
[patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Norcal95050
¯
Member # 2941

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Norcal95050  Ford pictures for Norcal95050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I havent got any1 to tune my car but I guess Byron would be the man when I get my mods/tune.

--------------------

Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not hating,,just keeping it real LOL [Big Grin]
cheap
¯
Member # 858

By the way, you'll find that the majority of the ppl touting Fordchip as the Shiz-nizzle bam spizzle are or were V6 stangers, since Fordchip was THE place to have your 232 tuned. The owners/operators Pete and Jerry were long time v6power.net members, I believe, and have a relationship stronger with that board than Apex has with this one. Eval is a V6power.net mod, and simply trying to expand his potential demand market with our local nor-cal mustang site.

I wasn't super impressed. My chip came in a zip-loc bag, no identifying marks to be found and not in an anti-static bag. I had to call Fordchip to confirm this 'thing' I received in the mail was indeed supposed to plug in to my CPU. If they come out here though, and my car is running AND I have the S-trim installed, I'll hit em up for a tune on the dyno though. Kinda hard to get any fiscal return on used chips. $$$$$$$

Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew WOT  Ford pictures for Andrew WOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cheap:
Whatever happened to them when they were supposed to come out here like a year ago? I prepaid for that shit and never got my dynotune.

[BS flag]

But you did get your deposit back, right?

EVal95, I'm very interested in FordChip dynotune, even though I have Byron's chip already.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com