Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 90 4cyl LX body to 5.0 project

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 90 4cyl LX body to 5.0 project
DVSIKSTANG01
Member # 2636

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for DVSIKSTANG01  Ford pictures for DVSIKSTANG01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 1990 LX stang(4cyl) and a 1989 GT 5.0 that has body damage. I am going to put the engine,tranny & rear end from the 89' into the 90' and am wondering if anyone has any advice on anything that I'll need to modify for this to work.

[ September 16, 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: DVSIKSTANG01 ]

--------------------
Sideshow Rob

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It won't be smog legal. You'll need the motor from a 90 or newer car to put in it. If you plan on doing this you may as well do it the right way the first time. [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
DVSIKSTANG01
Member # 2636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DVSIKSTANG01  Ford pictures for DVSIKSTANG01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the motor is temporary, I am going to put the streetfighter motor in as soon as possible, the tranny and rear end are in great condition so the motor is a quik fix to get on the road. I need more info on stability issues for the LX body with the 5.0 motor.

--------------------
Sideshow Rob

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you are going to need motor mounts, new front springs tranny rear end, i think the front sway bar is different, I don't know the complete list but I'm sure someone will post it soon. Don't take too long before you get that streetfighter [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am in the process of doing the same thing, things you need: motor, kmember, spindles(for decent brakes) sway bar, tranny, crossmember, rear end, if you gonna drag this car i reccomend to keep the 4 cyl front springs...you are also gonna need the computer & wiring from the 5.0. also the fan because the 4 cyl fan is a big ol thing and might get in the way, not sure if it will clear..and a radiator....there is a lot of parts you can upgrade to if the $$ aint a issue...might as well build it right...i will start taking pictures and build a website on the step by step process.
TangerineLX
¯
Member # 3046

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TangerineLX  Ford pictures for TangerineLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your still interested in dropping a sb in a four banger fox I have an exact parts list on whats needed for this swap . Its about 7 pages long. If your intrested e-mail me your e-address.
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=013115

--------------------
*2000 expedition
*1991 mustang
*1971 Toyota Corolla/5.0project
*2007 Toyota Avalon
*2005 H.D. Road King
*1971 H.D. Shovster
*2008 H.D. Nightster

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com