Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HP AND INJECTORS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HP AND INJECTORS
Silver bullet
Member # 3240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver bullet  Ford pictures for Silver bullet    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello everyone,

new to the site and hoping to get educated in are where I don't know JACK, and help people out in area that I do know.

Question: Due to recent mods that I have made I am trying to figure out what size injectors i should be running.

Now basicly i have 24lb injectors and want to know what is the max (plus or minus) HP I can run and still use 24lb injectors?

I am getting my car dyno'd soon. Will a dyno run show if my injectors are holding me back, or if they are not holding me back will a dyno run show me that I am near the end of what my injectors can handle

PLUS does 24lb injector put out more juice with a bigger fuel pump? Or is a stock fuel able to handle anything 24lb injector can toss out.

Finally what size injectors do 2003 cobra have?

Jason

--------------------
3:55
under pulleys
exhuast
99+ heads- 3 stg port
Jet Chip
80 mm MA
76 mm TB
24lb injctrs
K & N
Saleen Sprngs
Saleen subs
275/35/17

Posts: 3 | From: Pittsburg, ca | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi there. So your motor is an all motor SOHC 4.6L with ported heads? If so, 24 lbs injectors will be fine for you. I believe 2003 Cobras have 42 lbs injectors.
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
24s should be plenty for just about any street driven, no power adder, 4.6 GT. I think there good for something like 400 hp unless you're boosted.

Boost increases the amount of air coming in so you need additional fuel to keep the AFR in check. Theoretically with 14 point something pounds of boost (an additional 1 atmosphere) you would need to double the capacity of the injectors to keep up. In reality they would need to be even bigger than 2x.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
03 Cobras have 39lb/hr injectors. The formula goes like this: ((injector size*8)/.5)*.8)=max hp

The 8 in the formula figures you have an eight cylinder and the .5 is for the BSFC meaning your engine is tuned to run fairly efficiently. The .8 figures you'll be running at 80% maximum duty cycle so theoretically at 100% duty cycle you could squeeze a little more power out of the injectors although reducing the longevity of the injectors.

Example of maximum hp. of 30 lb injectors:

((30*8)/.5)*.8= 384 hp.

--------------------
04 Cobra, K&N FIPK,

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is a good reference site for injector selection....

injector selection page

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com