Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Best Suspension Mods for our Stangs??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Suspension Mods for our Stangs??
Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 295rwhp tuned by FordCHIP and yes it is a V6, but i want to know what's the best suspension mods to have without spending over $1K..

these are what i had in mind:

1)Subframe Connectors (sheldon's SubFrames)
2)LCA's (Lakewoods)
3)UCA's
4)Rear SwayBar (yah our v6s didnt come wit one)
5)... what else

can suspension actually take off at least .5 (half a second) off my 1/4m??? or even more??? thanks for the advice... !!and time!

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those are some sick numbers! suspension doesnt help your 60' time too much, the best thing you can do are drag radials or slicks. some upper/lower rear control arms will help your traction if you're already rolling though. if you want the car to handle better, than get shocks/struts, subframes, gt rear sway bar, and fms upper control arms. that will make a huge difference

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best advice I can give is some FRP uppers( I have some for sale, $50), and HPM mega bite Jr. lowers with some DR's, subframes will definetly help the chassis from twisting as well, everything else you mentioned sounds good to me! [patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks guys, thank you! yah some shocks and struts would also help too.. lets say i do all that...
1)subframes
2)LCA's and UCA's
3)RearSwayBar
4)Shocks
5)Struts

= can i subtract at least .5-.7 off my 1/4mile times???

what do u guys think? cause right now.. my car is a more mid 13sec car on normal days..a better driver more like low 13sec.. but im still practicing.. but do you think i can actually dip into the 12s ..????

what cha think?

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally think the stock suspension is plenty good enough for the power you are making.

I'd consider an aftermarket LCA and maybe an airbag for drag duty however.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For drag racing this is the parts I would choose...I think its still under $1K too [Big Grin]

1. Upper and lower control arms with spherical bearings at BOTH ENDS...

2. A REAL sway bar that mounts to the body and not just to the other control arm..

3. 50/50 shocks and some 90/10 struts..

4. Drag racing springs with rear air bag...

5. Full length sub frame connectors

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a set of slicks and the subframe connectors and leave the stock suspension in place. I have friends with stock control arms that pull 1.48 60s

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo302  Ford pictures for turbo302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Procharge2kv6,
The subframe connectors will definitely help your car's 60ft. The chassis will not twist like a pretzel on the launch. Our subframes are one of the best suspension mods. you can make to your Mustang, for racing or normal driving. There are some other suspension modifications for drag racing you can make to your Mustang, we will talk about them when you bring in your car.
Sheldon
(510)659-1100

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
Big Boy Racing Fabrication
www.bigboyracing.com

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Procharged do you have a saleen kit on your car too. I think I saw it over at the Round Table on Gellert in Westborough. I'd really like to race you cause I think we'd run very similar track times. Anyways If you really want to plant your back tires a set of Lower Control arms would definately do that. Some 90/10's and 50/50's would definately help however this car seems to be your daily driver and it sounds like you'd want it to handle also. I think you should go with Steeda's Drag paks. Stage 1 comes with uca and lca, and stage 2 comes with Drag springs with air bags and the front struts. This would be right at $1000 and probably make the best difference for you in the quarter. If you want your car to just straight out handle though I would save up for some Grigg's stuff [worship]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Torque arm and Panhard bar! On my combo it made a huge difference. The TA plants the rear wheels so hard it's very hard to spin the tires on my car.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com