Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Why does the AC turn on when...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Why does the AC turn on when...
AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don' t know how long it has been like this, but the AC turns on whenever I've got 'defrost' or 'mix' (and obviously normal and max AC) selected. Is something not wired correctly or what? I noticed this a few weeks ago when i had the defrost on full hot and well it just wasn't that warm. I happened to look under the hood afterward and there was condensation all over the AC compressor and attached hoses. Any ideas?

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it has something to do with the ac system using a dehumidifier or something.... air that has no water/moisture in it defrost your windshield better than air that has water/humidity in it. i think dehumidifier is the wrong word i think it is the evaporator... [Smile]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea onn20 is correct. When the defrost is on, it circulates air through the ac to get rid of your moisture. They do this so that in the morning your windshield will clear up faster. It is supposed to be like that.
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks Chico Stang [patriot]

--------------------

AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about when I've got 'Mix' selected? Isn't mix supposed to channel the air throught he floor vent and the dash vents and not activate the AC?

--------------------

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

quote:
Originally posted by AcesWild85:
What about when I've got 'Mix' selected? Isn't mix supposed to channel the air throught he floor vent and the dash vents and not activate the AC?

no the mix is supposed to be mix between floor and defrost position i beileve, and anytime the defrost is chosen, the ac goes on [Smile]

--------------------

AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

oh....ok. Nevermind then [dance]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com