Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » These heads seem good?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: These heads seem good?
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys, I was wondering what you all thought about these heads.

If you disregard the $6K price tag, (or if you are super rich) would you get these heads?

They flow 375cfm, are these heads better then otehr reacing heads?

http://www.araoengineering.com/

The Small block Ford page:
http://www.araoengineering.com/Ford/frdsmb.htm

Money not a factor, are they better then other heads?

Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they remind me of the old dominion 4v heads

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No. Those heads are for people on the internet to talk about and fight over.

Pick an ET or horse power number and you can find 1000's of guys that ran that number with good old fashion inline valve heads.

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know anybody that has actually run the 32 valve head. I could imagine the conversion is probably a nightmare! And would cost a lot more then 6k by the end.

They can claim all they want with the head but there are many other conventional cylinder heads out there that will out perform those.

Victor Sr, Brodix Neal, and Yates heads are just a few cylinder heads that would be much better then the 32 valve head.

For a good, full out race cylinder head with all the best components, you will spend around 10k.

[ August 27, 2003, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: yellow67stang ]

--------------------
I like cars.

Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
god damn, $10K [Eek!] Thanks a lot guys.

I guess in theory they sound good.

I think I would still be interested in seeing someone actually using them. Like dyno charts, with these heads, Victor Sr, Brodix, and Yates heads all going against each other. That would be sweet.

Thnx guys

Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All of these are great heads that can all make around 900hp NA with the proper setup.

If you are class racing then rules may apply to you. Like the Neal heads are a canted valve head and are often not allowed in the slower, "street" type classes. And the Vic Sr head is an inline valve head.

The price for true power is not cheap!

--------------------
I like cars.

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I once talked to a guy that had the 32 valve heads he was happy with them and said the work to install them was very minimal since the 4 valve design still uses a in the block cam. He said the difference between his tfs stage 2 heads and the dominion heads was over 100hp but this is just what he said i have no experience with these heads

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone ever seen those rotating valve heads in action? A buddy of mine linked me to their page a while ago, and it seemed pretty cool.

[ August 28, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: The Nick ]

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
more valves = better
my .02

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how fast is the fastest 2 valve/cylinder head? 4's? the fastest 4 valve is what? 7's ?

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Apples and Oranges, dude.
last time i checked, the 2v, 4-second guys were running 500 cu. in. big block motors with MEGA boost and 3" valves, not 281s or 302s with 1.6" valves. you cannot fit 3" valves in a sbf head.
sounds like these 4v heads might move a bit more air than fully worked 2v heads.
AND; the 2v 4-second guys rebuild their motors and clutches every round. i doubt that is required at the 7-second level...

the numbers will come when someone gets serious about boost with these bad babies.

100 HP difference N/A!
nice!

they claim to be a true bolt-on with all the water ports/bolt holes in the stock location.

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ok, 2 valve small blocks without any power adders. 6.80's or so. There are no 4 valvers(NA) that even come close to that right?

The 4 valve will not move more air then a real good race 2 valve head. But, I don't think that the 4 valve head is a full tilt race head. At least nobody has used it yet that I know of.

I know of many parts that claim true bolt on and are a pain in the ass to put on. So, don't always believe what you read. Especially on the Internet and magazines

--------------------
I like cars.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com