Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » new heads and intake

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: new heads and intake
gt4me321
¯
Member # 3098

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt4me321  Ford pictures for gt4me321    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am thinking about buying someperformance heads and intake manifold in the near future. Will I have to change my 19# injectors to 24 or can I just leave them the way they are? and if I do change to 24# do I have to make the performance changes or can I run 24# on a pretty much stock motor with full exhaust. Thanks for your input
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't run 24lbs injectors on a stock or near stock 5.O. You can probably scrape by for a while with 19lbs injectors once you get the heads and intake, but 24's or 30's even would be better suited.
xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just put the 24's on at the same time you do the heads and intake. they go hand in hand [burnout]
N0SL050
¯
Member # 2719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N0SL050  Ford pictures for N0SL050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
like they said wait untill u put the heads and intake on to change the injectors

--------------------
Kustom Auto Detailing

Posts: 460 | From: Martinez ,Ca | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
cegan
¯
Member # 3185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cegan  Ford pictures for cegan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a set used (approx 4K) edelbrock performer 202 heads stage III porting for sell, $650.00 if you are interested
Posts: 70 | From: Santa Rosa, Union City | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On TFS twisted wedge series heads, the install notes specifically state to run no smaller than a 24#er. Just a piece of mind.
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
everyone I know that has changed injectors after a head and intake install has said they've been using way too much fuel. I would stick with the 19's until you get a power adder of somesort if you ever do [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
mike g
¯
Member # 2919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike g  Ford pictures for mike g    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
more air= more fuel hence the reason they are using more gas

--------------------
FOUR EYED PRIDE!!!!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com