Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » F'd up my clutch install...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: F'd up my clutch install...
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tried to put the spec 2 in my 90...ugly.
Driver side collector bolts came out easy.
The damn passenger side was a total disaster.
1 of them broke (it was a stud) at the top which means I could possibly drill it out with the header still in the car and it was disconnected from the H pipe.
The 2nd one's nut rounded off

Needless to say the clutch is no where near installed.

Any suggestions on getting the damn bolts out besides cutting the pro-chamber and removing the header? I wonder if I could just cut the bolt and drill them both out..ugh. [Mad]

--------------------
90GT: h/c/i
05 wrx

Posts: 868 | From: plumas lake (sacramento area) | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a stud break, I put a cutoff disk on the dremel, worked awesome, took awhile though.
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5LVENOM:
I had a stud break, I put a cutoff disk on the dremel, worked awesome, took awhile though.

That's sort of what I'm thinking at this point. If I can cut the 2nd bolt off I can get the Hpipe off w/o Cutting it.

I break something everytime I touch that damn car [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
05 wrx

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rounded bolt?
Might want to try one of those 'met-wrench' sockets. (the ones that work on the flat surface of the nut)
Soak the nut/stud in WD-40 for an hour or so before you try it.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was about to say the same thing... did you use WD40 on the header bolts? WD40 is a must for exhaust bolts. Great Neck (Found at my favorite: AutoZone) sells sockets that grip the side walls instead of the edges if you need some. Also now that the bolt is rounded and smaller, maybe you can hammer on the next size down SAE or metric socket and losen the bolt?
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Hm, i might go look for those. I'm so pissed at the car i'm going to just ignore it for a few days [patriot]

--------------------
05 wrx

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com