Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » RACE GAS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: RACE GAS
DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for DiamondWHT5OH  Ford pictures for DiamondWHT5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I TOOK MY CAR OUT FOR A DRIVE AND HOPFULLY TO RACE SOMEONE I MIXED SOME RACE GAS 110 WITH MY 92 OCTAN GAS THAT WAS ALREADY IN THE TAKE AND EVER SINCE I DID THAT I HAVE BEEN HAVE IDLE SERGES LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER AND ITS PISSIN ME OFF I CLEANED ME IDLE AIR CONTROL MOTOR THAT DIDNT HELP I CHANGED MT EGR VALVE THAT DIDNT HELP WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?????????????
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what's done to your car that you need race gas?
bump the timing a bit higher to get a bit more out of the fuel and probably smooth out the idle

[ August 11, 2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Elapid ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiamondWHT5OH  Ford pictures for DiamondWHT5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I HAVE TRICK FLOW INTAKE OE INCH HEAT SPACER 30LB INJECTORS 70MM THROTEL BODY TFS CAM 1.6 ROCKERS AND LIKE EVERY OTHER BOLT ON U CAN IMAGIANE
DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiamondWHT5OH  Ford pictures for DiamondWHT5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AND YEAH I DID BUMP THE TIMEING UP I PUT IT AT LIKE 15 DEGREES
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you have;
1. Turbo/supercharger/Nitrous oxide?
2. 11.5:1 or higher compression?
if not, 115 octane is way overkill for your application in my opinion.

put in a bunch of 87 octane or whatever your owner's manual calls for and see how that works. if it doesn't have detonation problems, you will typically lose power going to a higher octane fuel.

try it at the track and see what times you run on each grade of fuel if you want to see how your particular setup responds to higher octane fuel.

good luck, and please stop shouting (using all caps is considered shouting).

--------------------
98 Cobra

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no heads, even with heads u still wouldnt need race gas, unless big N2O, big boost, or LOTS of compression u shouldnt need race gas

was the race gas leaded, if it was that is ur problem right there

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

NO THE RACE GAS WAS NOT LEADED AND FOR THE OTHER GUY THAT CANT READ IT WAS 110 NOT 115... ALL MY OTHER FRIENDS THAT HAVE FAST CARS AND BIG SHOTS AND THEY TOLD ME RACE GAS WOULDENT HURT THE CAR AT ALL.. I ONLY USED LIKE 3 GALLONS OF 110 AND I HAD LIKE HALF A TANK OF 92 I REALLY DONT NO
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I REALLY DONT NO

first thing you've said that makes any sense!

--------------------
98 Cobra

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sell it [patriot]

[ August 12, 2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

was it red or blue fuel?
the red has lead and will coat your O2 sensors, causing rollercoaster idling...

good call 66AC!

--------------------
98 Cobra

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drain the tank

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Unregistered
¯
Member # 786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unregistered  Ford pictures for Unregistered    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bet it was leaded, I thought the highest unleaded they made was 104?

--------------------
2001.5 Audi S4

Posts: 1785 | From: Livermore | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for a 75-125 shot of nosssss would race gas be recomended. Also would 91 octane be alright with that and race gas just better? Where in the Fremont area is a good place to find racing gas,...if I would even need it?

stealing this thread...thanks [Big Grin]

oh yeah...red1 we are all friends here, no need to yell [patriot]

[ August 12, 2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Elapid:
was it red or blue fuel?

good call 66AC!

hevent learned it the hard way, but almost, had some xtra race gas from my dirtbike race, almost put it in then thought for a second, um NO

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
for a 75-125 shot of nosssss would race gas be recomended. Also would 91 octane be alright with that and race gas just better? Where in the Fremont area is a good place to find racing gas,...if I would even need it?

stealing this thread...thanks [Big Grin]

oh yeah...red1 we are all friends here, no need to yell [patriot]

no need to run race gas with 75-125 shot, would it hurt, only if it was leaded [Big Grin] , but no needed

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

jdub07 the only place i know to get race gas it at erc in san lorenzo......
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Elapid:
was it red or blue fuel?

[patriot]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

it was red and when i got it they said it was unleaded 110 gas. but now i guess they lied to mee oh well nuttin to cry over just wanted to no why it started idleing funny tghanks everyone
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmm do you have cats on it... i heard if you run leaded race gas that it will sometimes clog the cats.... i dunno if its true though... just a thought [Confused] im sure someone on this site can clear this up

[ August 14, 2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for DiamondWHT5OH  Ford pictures for DiamondWHT5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
naw i dont have cats that was the first thing to go [Embarrassed] )
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't judge fuel by its color. Tosco leaded gas is red, but Trick, Sunoco, and a few others are blue.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com