Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Mods to Reach 380rwhp on a 01 GT (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mods to Reach 380rwhp on a 01 GT
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 2001 gt that has a vortech supercharger w/aftercooler...it dynoed at 347rwhp&357wrtq...my goal is to get to about 380rwhp but without puting a smaller pully. my mods are down below. what other mods do you think i should get to reach my goal? you think i will be able to reach 380rwhp with my future mods? also, i was thinking of getting a msd for my car, would this help any? if so which model is good for my car? thanx

CURRENT MODS:
Vortech SQ S-trim SuperCharger 8lbs
Vortech AfterCooler
42lbs Injectors
255 In-Tank Fuel Pump
80mm Pro-M Mass Air Meter
70mm Throttle Body
1/2 Intake Spacer
Bassani Off-Road X-Pipe
40 Series Flowmaster Mufflers
2.5 TailPipes w/ 4 inch Tips

FUTURE MODS:
custom made power pipe from apex
jba jet black shorty headers
2003 cobra fuel tank /w dual pumps
90mm lightning maf
msd

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
Vortech SuperCharger w/ Aftercooler
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Posts: 99 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: May 2003  |  :
mike g
¯
Member # 2919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike g  Ford pictures for mike g    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm not to familiar with the aftermarket or stock performance of the heads on your mustang, but You might notice a nice improvement getting better flowing heads(if they even have any).

infact i dont really know anything about the newer mustangs so i think i'll just go away now. [Big Grin]

mike

--------------------
FOUR EYED PRIDE!!!!!!

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you could try those denso plugs (iridium I believe) that should be worth a couple ponies.

a dyno trick is to spray N20 (not in your motor) but on the intercooler itself.
your car probably isn't a dyno queen though right?

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
turn the boost up to 10 pounds, do the new mods, but add midlengths or longtubes and an offroad pipe and you should definately be around there. Didnt mm and ff put the same kit on a stock gt and get like 360 rwhp?

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-:
you could try those denso plugs (iridium I believe) that should be worth a couple ponies.

a dyno trick is to spray N20 (not in your motor) but on the intercooler itself.
your car probably isn't a dyno queen though right?

Byron at racsystems who does tuning has told me and lots of other people not to use these plugs with a blower. I would change your header choice to a nice set of 1 7/8in. long tubes and I am willing to bet you will be there. [patriot]
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at first i was planning to put some long tube headers but byron himself told me to stick with shorties,b/c the o2's take to long to warm up(whatever that means) and i have the ford motorcraft plugs that bill at apex recomended.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
id go with the longtubes and a mid pipe,up the pully to more boost,get sometipe of ignition,if i were u i would pick up a a set of p/p heads and a set of blower cams and u will definatley see ur #'s but its all in what u want to $pend.
i hopeing to see 300 to 325rwhp with my new setup and its a 98 n/a set up [Big Grin] and well over 500rwhp on the jug [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

you guys think i have enough fuel? and dont need to get the cobra tank? or should i just get it just incase?

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

and what msd or other brand ignition should i get for my car? and what does it mean when they say that o2 sensors on longtubes take a long time to warm up? and why would it matter how long it took? sorry for all the questions...

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's weird your not way passed 347 RWHP already. Did you just make a dyno run...or is this also tuned? Just w/ a Vortech alone you should be somewhere around 350+ Back in the 92 octane days, just w/ a Vortech and Bassani...I pulled 380RWHP.

With your current setup I see no reason why you shouldn't be around 390-400RWHP unless something isn't right. Also, what's the reason why you don't want to drop in pulley size. The aftercooler kit comes w/ a 3.33" 10lb. pulley.

The easiest/cheapest way to get more power would be to put that pulley on there. If not, you can go w/ the long tubes which will give you a good increase...but it'll cost you.

[ August 05, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: VortechSaleen ]

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what size pump do u have in there now?
and what do u mean swap to a cobra tank. i hope ur atleast using the fuel pump that came with the blower.and if u need more fuel u can always get an external pump-inline.i dont see ur goal to far away either [patriot]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
00knightmear has a 00 gt with pritty much the same mods as you but he made 402 to the wheels. he is pushing 12 pounds of boost though but he doesnt have a aftercooler maybe take the aftercooler off and see what you pull.

[ August 05, 2003, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: 91blackgt ]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bullit intake, some porting and a new tune. You should see about 400 rwhp.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have a boost gauge? It'd be good to know just how much boost you're actually seeing.

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a dyno tune, the bullitt intake and powerpipe should get you damn close. my friend with an auto and the same mods as you made 340rwhp

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

quote:
what size pump do u have in there now?
and what do u mean swap to a cobra tank.

i have the 255 intank fuel pump. swap to a 03 cobra tank cuz it had two pump instead of one like the gt's do, and everyone says its better.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

quote:
Do you have a boost gauge? It'd be good to know just how much boost you're actually seeing.

yes i have a boost gauge, when byron tunned it he told me that i'm loosing 1lbs of boost because of the aftercooler, and he said that its putting out about 7lbs of boost

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

another thing, the highest it made was 355rwhp but byron said that it started to ping or detonate at around 5800 rpm. what would cause it to do that? so byron said that he put the timing down 1 degree and then it made 347rwhp with no problems. this is why i was thinking of getting a 03 cobra fuel tank system, cuz i thought maybe i wasnt gettting enough fuel. but then someone mentioned to me that it could be that i need more spark and should get a MSD. what do you guys think?

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know what MSD you talking about.. the 99+ GT's have the coil ignition.. the only upgrade i know about is the plasma booster, and timeing adjuster. but anyway.. to get to your goal (i dont know why your not there with what you have) the simplist thing you could do would be to get the bullit intake. you'll easily see 380.

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are you using the chip that came w/ the system??
who tuned it if tuned at all??

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

if i were to get the bullit intake, i know you the kit comes with a new alternator and other stuff. would i have to get a new 01 bullit bracket for the blower. and where would i get the inlet tuble from? votech? what other things would i have to change to make it work with my blower and aftercooler? thanks

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

quote:
are you using the chip that came w/ the system??
who tuned it if tuned at all??

i am using an autologic chip from byron...and byron tuned it for me at apex.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

so if you guys are saying that i should be close to 380 rwhp with the mods i have then what do you think is going on here with my car? any suggestions?

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone here made ~455 to the wheels with pretty much the same fuel system you have but he also had the intake, ported heads, cams and a built short block. This is the point where he ran out of fuel. So, I don't think it is a lack of fuel. But you never know.

Have you changed the fuel filter?

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I made 480 with the bullit intake.. only 12lbs of boost..BUt that doesnt help if my tranny is messed up..

--------------------
HCI blower built shortblock 285ci

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com