Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 4.6 Nitrous users?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 4.6 Nitrous users?
Blownhatch
¯
Member # 167

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blownhatch  Ford pictures for Blownhatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend has a 01 bullet and wants to fast but does not have the doe for a supercharger or (head/cam) combo. I told him to use 75-100 hp nitrous shot with dyno tune chip. What other accessories does he need to use nitrous without putting hole through a piston. [patriot]
Posts: 427 | From: Protected Witness | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
as long as he has the correct air/fuel ratio he should be fine, so get it dyno tuned at APEX by Byron, he will make sure your shit wont blow up. I have a 98 GT with an NX kit jetted for 150! [burnout]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
98stangpower... 150 shot with your stock manifold? and how much did it cost you for the nx kit with the tune? thanks... jon
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by chronicsmokin281:
98stangpower... 150 shot with your stock manifold? and how much did it cost you for the nx kit with the tune? thanks... jon

yep stock manifold.

I got all the goodies and it came out to be $1265 for all my NX stuff. APEX gave me a discount for mentioning CAFords.com.

I ended up getting a dyno tune and autologic chip with the switch chip program, and that ran me about $850 if i remember correctly. I was tuned with the 100 shot jets but told Byron i wanted more power, but i didnt have enough N20 for the 150 tune(not enough bottle pressure), so he made my setup run a little rich so when i have enough N20 it would still be safe to run.
[patriot] in all i spent around 2600-2700 bucks for everything:
Kit with all the goods installed, walbro 255lph fuel pump, autologic switch chip, tuned and dynoed by APEX.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run a 125 shot on a stock fuel system.. thats because the kit is a wet kit. all you need to do if you want a 100 shot (and the kit is wet) is to get some copper core 99 cent auto lites and gap them at .045. thats all.. no tune nothin else.. ive run countless bottles through my car, and have had no problems. hope that helps!

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98StangPower:
quote:
Originally posted by chronicsmokin281:

yep stock manifold.

I got all the goodies and it came out to be $1265 for all my NX stuff. APEX gave me a discount for mentioning CAFords.com.

I ended up getting a dyno tune and autologic chip with the switch chip program, and that ran me about $850 if i remember correctly. I was tuned with the 100 shot jets but told Byron i wanted more power, but i didnt have enough N20 for the 150 tune(not enough bottle pressure), so he made my setup run a little rich so when i have enough N20 it would still be safe to run.
[patriot] in all i spent around 2600-2700 bucks for everything:
Kit with all the goods installed, walbro 255lph fuel pump, autologic switch chip, tuned and dynoed by APEX.

I hope that you went back and sprayed the 150 on a regular dyno pull to check your AF is safe.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com