Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HELP!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!!!!
GRLPNY
¯
Member # 2626

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRLPNY  Ford pictures for GRLPNY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont know whats wrong with my car... I took it out last night, and had no problems driving it. Woke up this morning and attempted to get it in. The alarm wouldnt disarm... so I opened the door with the key instead and tried to start it...nothing (but I forgot I have a kill switch) so obivously it didnt start. I just said fuck it and left it and took my other car. Came home later and jump started it, got it started...and would just die if I stopped reving it. I'm thinking bad alternator... the battery gage just stays in the red zone. So it wont hold a charge... any ideas????

By the way its an 1989 5.0 [Confused]

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 GT
Cold air kit, throttle body, maf sensor,exhaust, and 3.73s

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The first thing you should do is rip out the alarm and retest the vehicle.I still can't figure out why people put up with the inconvenience of an alarm that proboaly won't save it from getting ripped off.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
GRLPNY
¯
Member # 2626

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRLPNY  Ford pictures for GRLPNY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the alarm worked fine once the car started... its turned off with no problem...I just think it wasnt working cuz the battery was dead...but i dont understand why the battery would be dead....I didnt leave a light on or anything?!?!?!

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 GT

ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
The first thing you should do is rip out the alarm and retest the vehicle.I still can't figure out why people put up with the inconvenience of an alarm that proboaly won't save it from getting ripped off.

A good alarm is just a deterrent and will slow down the amateur thief if it's setup right. I know, I chased the sh!t's that tried to steal my 87gt a while back. My backup siren woke me up and I chased the f@#%er's down the street with an aluminum bat.
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
GRLPNY
¯
Member # 2626

quote:
Originally posted by ray95:
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:

A good alarm is just a deterrent and will slow down the amateur thief if it's setup right. I know, I chased the sh!t's that tried to steal my 87gt a while back. My backup siren woke me up and I chased the f@#%er's down the street with an aluminum bat.
Exactly why I want to keep my alarm... but as the car stands now no one will wanna steal it [Confused]

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 GT

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol. You just own3d yourself Amy. Nice one. [worship]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
GRLPNY
¯
Member # 2626

who wants a car that isnt running...shit at this point i dont want my car

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 GT

Teddy Tiger
¯
Member # 2473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teddy Tiger  Ford pictures for Teddy Tiger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heh, I've seen AutoLocks, too, the ones that you put behind your brake or clutch petal. Can't steal the car if you can't work the clutch or brake.

--------------------
2008 Mustang GT 'Premium'
Vista Blue Metallic
Interior Upgrade, Comfort Group
Charcoal Leather Interior
Shaker 500 Stereo

Posts: 167 | From: Lafayette, California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
67stang12s
¯
Member # 2314

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang12s  Ford pictures for 67stang12s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is always the e brake when u put the autolock on the brake grlpony get your alternator tested it has to be that alarms start trippin when there isnt alot of power left

--------------------
The Heartbeat stops here
F O R D

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Teddy Tiger:
Heh, I've seen AutoLocks, too, the ones that you put behind your brake or clutch petal. Can't steal the car if you can't work the clutch or brake.

That's what you think... [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

QwikStang
¯
Member # 2933

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QwikStang  Ford pictures for QwikStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GRLPNY:
Dont know whats wrong with my car... I took it out last night, and had no problems driving it. Woke up this morning and attempted to get it in. The alarm wouldnt disarm... so I opened the door with the key instead and tried to start it...nothing (but I forgot I have a kill switch) so obivously it didnt start. I just said fuck it and left it and took my other car. Came home later and jump started it, got it started...and would just die if I stopped reving it. I'm thinking bad alternator... the battery gage just stays in the red zone. So it wont hold a charge... any ideas????

By the way its an 1989 5.0 [Confused]

To test if your alternator is bad:

Jumpstart your car. While it is running, remove one of your battery cables. If the car dies, your alternator is bad. If it keeps running, your alternator is fine and is charging ok.

--------------------
95 GT Vert
1 of 2,584

Where there is no patrol car, there is no speed limit.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/qwikstang

Posts: 573 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com