Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 347 E303 passed smog check 2 no problem(Test Only)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 347 E303 passed smog check 2 no problem(Test Only)
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well after my first attempt(Gross poluter) I was very happy to have my car pass with flying colors. I replaced O2s,EGR,Coolant,and chrge air sensors. What a differnce.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
HDS
¯
Member # 2109

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for HDS  Ford pictures for HDS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cograts, what heads and exhaust are you using?

--------------------
1995 GT Vert

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i love to see post like this good stuff man and happy riding

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One word of advice, remove your chip before smogging. According to my smog guy, they put off codes that are an instant fail.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What smog shop pulls the codes from the EEC? The only error the chip gives is a ROM checksum error because of the additional/modified information...its not even smog related. I've done the dyno smog twice now, and they never pulled the codes from the EEC.
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm just saying what the smog guy told me.

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
96 and up OBD-2 they [Eek!] (we) pull codes

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess it was a good thing that I was lazy.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:

Have you guys always pulled the codes on 96+ cars, or is this new like the dyno smog?....

I've never seen a smog on a car that included running/checking the engine codes....If you guys do pull the codes, is it a smog standard, I mean, is every smog station required to do so??...

Thanx

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:

ST5150, open mouth, insert foot. Perhaps you should know what you are saying before you tell someone that he is wrong.

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
racercosmo - Its all good. We both learned something..... they don't pull codes on the cars in our garage, but those with '96+'s could have a problem..... even though we're still not sure that the ROM error that the chip gives means the car is failed from smog. [patriot] Recall Davis ASAP [patriot]
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

It was in jest Sawson. Most anybody that knows me understands my sense of humor.
The code is similar to the check engine light, it doesn't do anything other than tell the smog guy your car doesn't pass.

[ July 27, 2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: racercosmo ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com