Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Will Tbird Turbocoupe rear disks bolt to Stang 8.8?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Will Tbird Turbocoupe rear disks bolt to Stang 8.8?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I keep seeing turbocoupes at my local jy. Can the rear disk brakes and hardware be pulled off and bolted to a '92 LX 8.8? Don't want the whole axle- don't need it.
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try this:

http://www.mercurycapri.com/technical/drivline/88ttcra.html

[patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doesn't answer my question.
Tri-Bar
¯
Member # 2191

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tri-Bar  Ford pictures for Tri-Bar  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes it can be done,brackets,rotors and calipers. It come out to be the same as the SSBC setup. You will need to buy the SS brake hose.The whole axle housing and axles were longer on the T-Bird but the spacing between the braket,caliper and rotor are the same as the stock mustang.Good luck.

--------------------
http://68.58.185.21/Tri-BarMotorsports/index.html

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by Tri-Bar:
Yes it can be done,brackets,rotors and calipers. It come out to be the same as the SSBC setup. You will need to buy the SS brake hose.The whole axle housing and axles were longer on the T-Bird but the spacing between the braket,caliper and rotor are the same as the stock mustang.Good luck.

Excellent! Thanks! [patriot] [burnout]
91GR40LX
¯
Member # 1329

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91GR40LX  Ford pictures for 91GR40LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put 87 tcoupe in 91 must lx, did not work! too wide, rubbed like no other.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by 91GR40LX:
put 87 tcoupe in 91 must lx, did not work! too wide, rubbed like no other.

That's why I don't want the whole rear end. Just bolt the brakes to mine. [Wink]
Tri-Bar
¯
Member # 2191

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tri-Bar  Ford pictures for Tri-Bar  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You do not use the the whole axle housing and axles, just the Backing brackets, calipers w/ caliper brackets and rotors. Thats all, I must not have made the clear enough in my first post sorry.

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by Tri-Bar:
You do not use the the whole axle housing and axles, just the Backing brackets, calipers w/ caliper brackets and rotors. Thats all, I must not have made the clear enough in my first post sorry.

It was clear. At least to me... [Eek!]
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Doesn't answer my question.

Sorry.... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
okay which junkyard is this, ive been looking for a t coupe rear end for a while now. do you know much they want for it
Tri-Bar
¯
Member # 2191

No clue on price, I see them at the Pick-n-pull out in Stockton amd Modesto all the time.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com