Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 30,000 MI. SERVICE

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 30,000 MI. SERVICE
SLEEPY02GT
Member # 3088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLEEPY02GT  Ford pictures for SLEEPY02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's required in the 30k service?What parts do I need? I really would like to do it my self
thanx [Smile]

--------------------
O2 GT,M5,FLOMASTER MUFFLERS

AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think changing differential and transmission fluid would be in order

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67aquafastback  Ford pictures for 67aquafastback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At ford when we perform a 30k service we flush the trans drain and fill the cooling system. Plugs should go 90K if double Platinum. Replace the fuel filter air filter and oil and filter. We would rotate and balance the tires check brakes and lube caliper slide pins. We would also check for any DTC in the system. Some recommend a injector flush and T-body cleaning. As far as the rear diff I would not worry inless you drive the car Hard. Make sure you use the correct fluids in the trans mercon 5 if on dip stick for trans and correct oil in the engine it is important for proper bearing lube. also double check on the rear diff some use a synthitic oil only.

--------------------
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/dougs289/lst?.dir=/house&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

SLEEPY02GT
Member # 3088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLEEPY02GT  Ford pictures for SLEEPY02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool thanx guys.

--------------------
O2 GT,M5,FLOMASTER MUFFLERS

DeePony
¯
Member # 2984

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for DeePony  Ford pictures for DeePony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is good to know....i'm almost at 30k myself [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"To see it, is to BELIEVE IT!!"

Posts: 403 | From: Bay Area - 707 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AcesWild85:
i think changing differential and transmission fluid would be in order

You DO NOT need to change the fliud in the trany or the differential at 30K.... [Roll Eyes]

http://www.kelleherford.com/pages/present/core/notlocalized/custom/default.asp?PageID=6&NavID=37

The rear differential service interval for my 94 mustang is 100K or never, according to my Haynes Manual..

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can go to ford and get a list of all the maintenance that is done at the 30,60, and 90K intervals (and use it as a checklist for yourself).

Ford charges way too much for simple maintenance, IMO

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67aquafastback  Ford pictures for 67aquafastback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi black 94. You should change the trans fluid every 30,000 if it is a automatic a manual trans can go 90,000 miles anyone who knows fords will know that they have more problems with the auto trans than any other drive train component

--------------------
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/dougs289/lst?.dir=/house&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67aquafastback:
Hi black 94. You should change the trans fluid every 30,000 if it is a automatic a manual trans can go 90,000 miles anyone who knows fords will know that they have more problems with the auto trans than any other drive train component

If Sleepy02GT had an Automatic I would suggest every 15K for a fliud and filter change for an Automatic.....I was assuming that Sleepy02GT has a manual trans.... [patriot]

--------------------

67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

15K is excessive inless you abuse the car then 15K would be a good idea but don't expect the trans to hold up for very long stock autos suck

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

quote:
15K is excessive inless you abuse the car then 15K would be a good idea but don't expect the trans to hold up for very long stock autos suck

Yeah its a little excessive for most people, but for peak performance its not!...If you change your automatic trans fluid every 15K thats over a whole year for most people!!...

*It really depends on your driving style*...

Some people like to change their motor oil every 6,000-9,000 when running synthetics...I find that most oils get contaminated with fuel and water after 3,000 miles anyway....Even if the oil doesnt brake down, it still mixes with gas and water which dont help with lubrication...

You work at a Ford delearship, right?...When you change the automatic transmission fluid on a car that hasnt had the service for 30k, isnt it always brown, dirty and burnt???...It normally is on the cars that I've changed...In my personal experience 2years/30,000 miles of stop and go traffic and a little street racing is too long to wait....Thats why I suggest doing it more often... [patriot]

--------------------

eddiej50
¯
Member # 1169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eddiej50  Ford pictures for eddiej50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RTFM (Read The F*cking Manual)says right in your owners manual what services are recomended [patriot]
67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
quote:

Yeah its a little excessive for most people, but for peak performance its not!...If you change your automatic trans fluid every 15K thats over a whole year for most people!!...

*It really depends on your driving style*...

Some people like to change their motor oil every 6,000-9,000 when running synthetics...I find that most oils get contaminated with fuel and water after 3,000 miles anyway....Even if the oil doesnt brake down, it still mixes with gas and water which dont help with lubrication...

You work at a Ford delearship, right?...When you change the automatic transmission fluid on a car that hasnt had the service for 30k, isnt it always brown, dirty and burnt???...It normally is on the cars that I've changed...In my personal experience 2years/30,000 miles of stop and go traffic and a little street racing is too long to wait....Thats why I suggest doing it more often... [patriot]

That is correct most are starting to get brown. When it smells burn't I see $$$ and the customers pocket book gets very lite.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com