Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What Combo should I get?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What Combo should I get?
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering what the best heads cam and intake package would be for a 306 which will be going into my 91 mustang soon I would like to be in the mid 12s and maybe stay smog legal if possible Thanxx [Cool]
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
I was wondering what the best heads cam and intake package would be for a 306 which will be going into my 91 mustang soon I would like to be in the mid 12s and maybe stay smog legal if possible Thanxx [Cool]

Now you started it....all hell is going to break loose [Big Grin] . I am guessing three pages on this subject. Relax and read and then you will have some insight. Good luck.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check out the new edelbrock alminum heads they have have been tested and say they produce 19 more hp and 18 ft/lbs of torque than previous EB heads i just orderd some of those and the EB intake and for a cam iam having a custom one made thats just my .02

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't use edelbrock. I would either go with Tfs or Afr heads. With a mild cam a good intake and exhaust and a tune it should go mid 12's easy

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
I wouldn't use edelbrock. I would either go with Tfs or Afr heads. With a mild cam a good intake and exhaust and a tune it should go mid 12's easy

He just ended all the thread posting wars...
I agree go with either TFS or AFR what ever you can afford. You can get into the 12's even wothout a custom cam. a good OTS cam will get you there. The comp cam XE series are good cams.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
edel vic. jr. heads, holley systemax intake, and a comp cam 274-HR [Big Grin]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

blue88lx
¯
Member # 2970

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for blue88lx  Ford pictures for blue88lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to "thumperoforangepark.com". Mike sale's Cam & Heads Combo's that will get you into the 12's without spending alot of money!
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on how far into the 12's you want.
Basically any of the available aluminum heads, aftermarket intake, off-road exhaust, & an X cam will get you there.

300RWHP seems to be the magic # to get you mid 12's on a daily driven mustang.

My vote would be for a setup like AaronC had. N/A smogable 306 with 340/340 to the wheels. He used AFR165's with 2.02 valves & a light cleanup... The AFR185's are basically the same thing & are cheaper then porting 165's. A custom cam, Performer intake, 1 3/4 longtubes & off-road H/X will get you impressive results.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanxx for the help guys [Cool]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com