Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Battery Cut off switch.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Battery Cut off switch.
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay Tech at Sac told me it MUST be installed before I come back this is the second time so I guess I should do it. I need the Easiest way to do this. What all do I have to do? Ect. please post your links or any other good advice for doing this. Thanks Casey

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://buffhomer.corral.net/custom.html

-

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great PIC! thanks man! also send you the info on my car, I had a lot of people asking me whats down to it, Its the wieght of the car thats doing it, nothing else. lol [burnout] [worship] COUPES [worship]

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
remember to go behind the license plate for the switch installation. I could show you mine but I won't be at Sac till this friday. just use a 1" spacer to clear the license plate for street driving. minimizes the chances of a jokester turning your car off on you.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

I would really like to see that joe, let me know when you will be at sac, I might put this off for awhile and just see if they let me tech again...

--------------------

WWW.AEDHP.COM

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll post a picture tonight, should save you some time. The switch is like a $5 summit item and includes the 'on off' decal. Grab the 1/0 lug ends from HOME DEPOT 'cause that place fucking rocks and has everything your car will ever need [Big Grin]

--------------------

Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I'll post a picture tonight, should save you some time. The switch is like a $5 summit item and includes the 'on off' decal. Grab the 1/0 lug ends from HOME DEPOT 'cause that place fucking rocks and has everything your car will ever need [Big Grin]

that a deal on the switch, do you have the part number?? and where did you get you cable from??

--------------------
T-tops suck!
Coming Soon - "The baddest BITCH on 4 wheels!!!"
WTB 95+ Gt spindles/Brakes,
"Smoke' Em"

Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

the summit cheap-o ($40?) battery relocation has everything but the switch. it only had 2 gauge wire though.

I used 1/0 welding wire from.... HOME DEPOT it's expensive though, and not very flexible. you have to bitch it the whole way down the car.

--------------------

J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would imagine that this same set upt can be used for the 4.6's right?

Whats the deal with the switch? Exactly where does it need to be located?

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Still waiting for a pic [Big Grin] Thanks guys.

--------------------

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
http://buffhomer.corral.net/custom.html

-

Sawson thank you so much for that link! I am going to be doing a 3g upgrade with a battery relocation with cut off switch and electric fan install soon and that had all the info I needed. [patriot]

--------------------
Support our troops!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
 -

[Confused]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's the battery cutoff switch behind the rear license plate. It's an overhead view.

--------------------
Support our troops!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
That's the battery cutoff switch behind the rear license plate. It's an overhead view.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, thanks [patriot]

Damn it's clear now that I know what I am looking at. Thanks again.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why does the switch need to be accessable from the exterior of the car? Wouldn't be easier to have it next to the shifter so that in case of an accident the switch is closer to reach. Sorry if this sound like an ignorant question, I'm just trying to learn as much as possible.
Thanks

--------------------
Rest In Peace
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
becouse you wont be turning it off if you flip over or get in a crash

so in othere words when you crash the track personal need to be able to come up to you car and shut off all power to your car

[ July 11, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: 99gt-UJSTLST ]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
.]

[ July 11, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: 99gt-UJSTLST ]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by J's DDLY SNK:
Why does the switch need to be accessable from the exterior of the car? Wouldn't be easier to have it next to the shifter so that in case of an accident the switch is closer to reach. Sorry if this sound like an ignorant question, I'm just trying to learn as much as possible.
Thanks

what if your on fire??? are you going to remember to turn the switch off before you stop dro pand roll?? [Confused]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ON N2O:
quote:
Thanks

what if your on fire??? are you going to remember to turn the switch off before you stop dro pand roll?? [Confused]
F*ck being on fire what if your dead.......you gonna walk towards the light or flip the switch??
Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Why does the switch need to be accessable from the exterior of the car? Wouldn't be easier to have it next to the shifter so that in case of an accident the switch is closer to reach.

That's why I put one in each place, wired in series.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Cool, I got it. Thanks for the help with that question guys. [Big Grin]
Now off to Summit's hotline to order me some new toys!!! [Wink]

--------------------
Rest In Peace
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

mike g
¯
Member # 2919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike g  Ford pictures for mike g    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at what et do you need to install a battery shut off switch? i thought it was 12.99 or faster...

just wondering cause according to his sig he is only running 13.3.

thanks,
mike

--------------------
FOUR EYED PRIDE!!!!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com